• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Make more use of Unurium and Ascended Goods

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Currently, Unurium and Ascended Goods are only required for chapter progression. The requirements are usually distributed unevenly (I'm currently end of chapter 20), which means that sometimes we need large amounts, while at other times we need basically nothing. This is even more extreme when people hit the chapter break. This means that people who invest in capacity to produce these resources, are sitting on useless production capacity a lot of the time (e.g. all the Ascended Goods manufactories, ancient wonders and event buildings). So it would be great to have some way to make use of these resources in the meantime.

However, it would be boring to just have them added as new negotiation requirements in the Spire or Tournament, so I had another idea. How about ancient wonders where the effect scales with the amount of Unurium and/or Ascended Goods you have in storage? For example, you could have an ancient wonder that gives +1% troop strength per 50,000 unurium and/or ascended goods you have (this is just an example, I haven't really thought the balancing through). Or anything else, really. Since these goods decay, there is always a natural upper limit, and you get diminishing returns the closer you push to that limit. This would create some cool synergy effects with other ancient wonders (e.g. reduced decay would suddenly get additional significance). It would also introduce new interesting trade-offs during the chapter. In the example above for example you would have to balance chapter progression with Tournament performance.

What do you think?

SkyRider99

Mentor
For example, you could have an ancient wonder that gives +1% troop strength per 50,000 unurium
Not a bad idea @SpaceCowboy. But don't go giving the game devs carte blanche to be stingy. They are already as mean as a hungry orc. :)

How about 5% troop strength per 10K unurium? :rolleyes:

1695300992961.png

kimkimkim

Summoner
Currently, Unurium and Ascended Goods are only required for chapter progression. The requirements are usually distributed unevenly (I'm currently end of chapter 20), which means that sometimes we need large amounts, while at other times we need basically nothing. This is even more extreme when people hit the chapter break. This means that people who invest in capacity to produce these resources, are sitting on useless production capacity a lot of the time (e.g. all the Ascended Goods manufactories, ancient wonders and event buildings). So it would be great to have some way to make use of these resources in the meantime.

However, it would be boring to just have them added as new negotiation requirements in the Spire or Tournament, so I had another idea. How about ancient wonders where the effect scales with the amount of Unurium and/or Ascended Goods you have in storage? For example, you could have an ancient wonder that gives +1% troop strength per 50,000 unurium and/or ascended goods you have (this is just an example, I haven't really thought the balancing through). Or anything else, really. Since these goods decay, there is always a natural upper limit, and you get diminishing returns the closer you push to that limit. This would create some cool synergy effects with other ancient wonders (e.g. reduced decay would suddenly get additional significance). It would also introduce new interesting trade-offs during the chapter. In the example above for example you would have to balance chapter progression with Tournament performance.

What do you think?
you might want to rethink this when you reach chapter 21........all that extra unurium and ascended goods you have a hoarding gets depleted rather quickly in chapter 21......so for me personally, this is a no go, sorry

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
you might want to rethink this when you reach chapter 21
Well, it could be a chapter 22 AW, and they could balance accordingly :)

I get it though - it's a personal preference. I really enjoy the challenge, so if it gets harder that's fine by me, but not necessarily everyone else. The one thing I really dislike though is having useless production capacity in my city. Even with chapter 21, once it's over, those ascended manufactories go back to idle.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
i totally agree, and it also makes trading acending goods for those who are catching up in chapters harder. Since theres no use for it when you are endgame, a lot of trading partners just die out. Thats why i suggested long ago, you could have the possibility to donate these ascending goods in cauldron. then at least you could do something with it, even tho its not that usefull...