• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Mail messaging system - improved text formatting

SkyRider99

Immortal
Each time I copy/paste a prepared message from MS-notepad (courier font), all the character spacing gets mangled by the variable space font used in the mail messaging system.

Could we have a fixed space font, or the option to paste unformatted?

Jake65

Sage
I did a test for interest's sake, copied from Notepad (courier font) and pasted into Word.
The text changed to Calibri which is the default font in Word on my PC.
Same thing happened when copying into an email, the text changed from Courier(notepad) to Arial (my email default).
I tried using bold in notepad but the bolding didn't copy over when pasted into Word or email.
I'm wondering if Notepad possibly only sends the text as such to the clipboard without any formatting.
This was using Notepad on my ReXP computer.

Edit to add: copying from Word into email retained the fonts and formatting.

SkyRider99

Immortal
I'm wondering if Notepad possibly only sends the text as such to the clipboard without any formatting.
Yes. Notepad is unformatted.

I will take your lead and try using Word in future.

It is annoying to set up columns of text in Notepad and then have it all smashed when pasting into the Elvenar mail messages.

SkyRider99

Immortal
Each time I copy/paste a prepared message from MS-notepad (courier font), all the character spacing gets mangled by the variable space font used in the mail messaging system.

Could we have a fixed space font, or the option to paste unformatted?
What font does the mail system use?

Copy/paste from MS-Word still gets all the spaces wrong. I am trying to set up a list with columns and rows, for the FA.

The mail system translates a tab as a single space. When I use spaces, they get translated by the mail system into some non-aligned mish-mash.