• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Left edge of screen mousing.

Sir Derf

Adept
This morning I noticed odd behavior when trying to move my view of my city around collecting Event Currency. I had great difficulty collecting Currency on the left edge of the screen or to click-and-hold to shift the city on the left edge of the screen.

Slightly later I was applying some Magical Manufacturing spells and noticed that the mouse pointer, which is a glowing blue hand while prepared to apply the enchantment and noticed something more concrete. The hand would change to a regular mouse pointer when near to or over the icon for the Event, the panel for the User status or the icons for the quest givers. The region where this would happen starts at the left edge of the screen and follows those graphic elements' outlines, so marks off a stair-step region of the upper-left screen where you are not interacting with the city, which makes sense.

However, there is another region where this happens in the screen real estate of the lower right of the screen. The boundaries appear to to be starting slightly below the quest givers and extending to just above the bottom edge of the screen, and starting slightly right of the screen (about half-way to the edge of the quest givers) to jsut in line with the rightmost edge of the icon for the event.

It appears that there is a region of the city view that is unclickable for collecting and selecting buildings or event currency or clicking and holding for moving the city view around. The same appears to be true for mouse interactions when in map view, which is also easily seen by observing the change in the mouse pointer as you move around the city; usually the pointer is a pointing hand, but there is a rectangle in the lower right where the pointer becomes a small plain white arrow.

Sir Derf

Adept
Okay, this may not be an Elvenar thing. I play Elevnar on a second screen. I was just working on a Word document on my primary screen, and I have a similar unclickable area on that screen, too. Just moved my currently-open calculator to that corner of the main screen, and similarly there are buttons that I can't press, but idf I move the calculator, I can.

Going to try a full system reboot.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Happy to hear it was all resolved for you :)

SkyRider99

Immortal
Windows updates can really upset peripherals. My Dell laptop keyboard has never recovered. I had to buy a wireless keybd. I still have issues with some punctuation characters, but it's improved over the inbuilt keybd. But let's not get into attacks on the dark empire of M$.