• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Knowledge Point Loss Reduction

cwgiii

Shaman
[Summary]: I have noticed that when something happens that "wins" me an amount of Knowledge Points (KPs) that happens to exceed my current storage capacity, I loose the fraction of KP that was currently being generated. This "win" may happen because of any of a few situations like: a tournament is over, or a friend's Ancient Wonder is won/upgraded that I have contributed to, or an event chest is opened. Many of these situations are not under my control and cannot be planned for.

For example: I plod along and am about to generate a knowledge point (say in 13 minutes). Then I get an awesome message that my fellow has completed an upgrade to their Mountain Halls (which I had contributed to earlier), and I am getting say 15 KPs. Love it, great. But as I play off these gifted 15 KPs, I find that the timer for my original KP that was in progress is reset to an hour. I effectively loose that fraction of a KP.

Individually, this is no big deal. But it certainly adds up over the course of the game. And it is particularly frustrating when only seconds remain for my next KP and then I get that message that I have won more KPs. I can understand loosing the "in-process KP" if I initiated the action that generated the "win" (like if I choose to open an event treasure chest and happen to get a bunch of KP). In that situation, I should be able to time the action to minimize loss. But for other situations, I have no control over timing and it seems a bit unfair to be hit with such a penalty, over and over.

It would be great if the system would recognize the initial countdown when such a situation occurs, and starts the clock again at the same point once the "won" overage is distributed.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: I have seen a closed thread about this in the "Bug" section, but I have not seen this in the Idea/suggestion section. If I missed it, I apologize.

[Details]: My suggestion is to change the way that the system handles overages of KP to keep track of the time remaining on KP generation so that when an overage occurs, and is subsequently resolved, that the system continue the countdown from the same point as when the situation originated.

[Reasons for Implementing]: This would preserve KP generation in a fair way so that a "win" of bonus KPs does not interfere with regular timing of existing KP generation.

[Balance]: This would not change the situation when a person lets KP generation exceed their current max, because that clock would start over from when the excess was created (1 hr till the next generation). It would preserve the "correct" generation time for KP as regular game play progesses rather than loosing those fractions of KP that get interrupted by a "win" of excess KP from some other event.