• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Is there a cost to selling a building?

DeletedUser403

I am sorry if this question has been asked before ...

If I sell a building, do I get the back all the culture I invested, a percentage of the gold and culture?

Thanks in advance

W x

DeletedUser

Hi Wylie,

If you sell a building you get back some of the resources (gold/supplies) you spent building it and all of the culture/population that building is using.

To quote the Elvenar Wiki:

"You can sell and rebuild most of your buildings. In order to know which resources you will get back from selling a building, just enter sell mode by clicking the icon , hover your mouse over the building and you will see a tooltip with that information."

Hope that helps. :)

P.S.: You can check this yourself by comparing a building's costs during the initial build and then upgrade stages. For example (only using population and culture because I don't have the complete values for gold, supplies and goods - which usually never get returned in full):

A rank 1 steel manufacturer costs 36 population and 0 culture.

Upgrading to rank 2 costs further 4 population and 5 culture.

Upgrading to rank 3 costs further 4 population and 4 culture.

Upgrading to rank 4 costs further 5 population and 7 culture.

If I sell a rank 4 steel manufacturer I receive 3500 gold, 150 supplies, 49 population and 16 culture.

36+4+4+5 population = 49 population
0+5+4+7 culture = 16 culture

I get all my population and culture back.

Last edited by a moderator: