• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered iPad and Android users

• Thread starter DeletedUser4757
  • Start date

DeletedUser4757

Some members of my Fellowship, playing on iPad or Android phone, have difficulties in Visiting - largely, it seems, because they do not appear to have a blue/gold Fellowship icon; nor does anything happen when they click on another player's name. They only seem able to interact with other players by telling them in the discussion box what they want (for example) to trade, and then coming back afterwards and saying Thank you! We've had long conversations about the game in the right-hand-side discussion box; but I am seeing things on my PC that mean nothing to them - and they're getting rather frustrated! And so am I, because I seem unable to help them!

Are there really such variations between different platforms? And if so, why? Or is there something that they are not doing?

Help!

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
Are there really such variations between different platforms? And if so, why? Or is there something that they are not doing?

Yes. The mobile version is drastically different from the PC version (IMHO). Some things are better on mobile (like Neighborly help), and other things are better / exist only on PC (like contributing to ancient wonders). They are getting closer, however. The developers continue to add functionality to the mobile version. And, hopefully, some of the improvements/simplifications/efficiencies seen there will migrate back to the PC version. This all takes time (has already been over a year, longer probably, in the works).

As is the case within the game itself, no one can have everything immediately. Patience is a virtue.

cwgiii

Shaman
I heard (on Inno TV, I believe) the term "Parity" as being the goal between the two versions.

cwgiii

Shaman
I just discovered a new (very important, IMHO) difference between the app version and the PC version. Let me preface....

I play on both platforms, mainly on the PC version, but I do enjoy the efficiencies of Neighborly Help (NH) and cycling through the quest lines on the App version.

I am also VERY close to completing the S&D chapter and was waiting until the end of this event to collect any grand prizes until I officially entered the Halflings chapter.

So, I get up this AM and immediately pick up my tablet to begin my morning collections when I get an apparently new full screen related to my collected feathers. Awesome, I thought. Next, another full screen pops up showing me the grand prizes and offering for me to collect. I don't want to collect, yet. I want to continue to play and build feathers, with the intention of collecting my prizes once I enter the next chapter (which should be easy for me to do in the next two days). Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to decline the collect functionality on the app version. I closed out of the app immediately, without accepting the collect option. But, when I logged in to the PC version (that does give you this option), it showed that I had already collected the 1st two grand prizes.

Not happy that the app version made this choice for me.

DeletedUser4757

Thanks for replies. So how do players on iPads or Android phones contact other members of their Fellowship? All I can do is tell them to click on the blue&gold shield that I see on my PC - but they say they can't see it; and they say they can't click on my name to see my city, either. I'm in the dark when trying to help them because we are obviously looking at the two different versions that you've been talking about - but they're using one version and I'm using the other! It is frustrating!

DeletedUser4757

Thanks, Lelanya. The response from my Fellow is that the banner "still doesn't allow us to message or view peoples city". I'm lost here because I only play on PC . . .

Lelanya

Mentor
Under the banner is a list. Each player has a row: name score fellowship rank. Next to it are helping hands. Your mobile folks click on the hands and the available options come up: main, builder, best culture and also the city name where most players list their preference. It takes 1 min to do a FS of 25 if there is enough space in gold and supplies. If this is not enough I suggest contacting Jack Luyt on Facebook. His group is called Elvenar players group Platinum Leaf

cwgiii

Shaman
Thanks, Lelanya. The response from my Fellow is that the banner "still doesn't allow us to message or view peoples city". I'm lost here because I only play on PC . . .

The app version , at this point, will not allow you to message or visit another fellows city (that I know of). However, you can proivde neighborly help via the app.

However, on the PC version, you can message and visit fellows cities via several methods. Lelanya has described one method to provide Neighborly Help. But you can also use this method to message any individual fellow or visit their city (again on the PC version). When you click on the blue/red shield under your score/user name/and player portrait (upper left corner), you will see the list of fellows described by Lelanya. The "hands" will let you provide neighborly help as described. But you can click on the individual fellows to pull up a menu to send an individual message to any of them or visit their city individually. This menu is available almost anywhere on the PC version where you see the individual players name. Also, there is a benefit of being in a fellowship that you can send a "Circular" message to the entire fellowship. But this is a different matter.

DeletedUser5976

I think he knows how to message or visit cities in the PC version. I think the problem is his fellows that only play on the phone or tablet also want to be able to do the same. But that is unfortunately not possible yet. I started out on the android app as well and my fellows told me to use also the PC version if I'm at all able to do so. So now I use both. That's the only advice you can give your fellows. Try using the PC version at least once a day next to the android or iphone version.

Lol, an edit. It's not my fault he is called what he is called.

DeletedUser5843

also u get a treasure chest when u visit ur fellows. this does not show up on the android version of the app. otherwise the visit function is way handier to do all ur visits in a couple of mins.

cwgiii

Shaman
also u get a treasure chest when u visit ur fellows. this does not show up on the android version of the app. otherwise the visit function is way handier to do all ur visits in a couple of mins.

True. This is one reason that I use both the mobile and PC versions. For Neighborly Help (NH), I start on the PC version till I collect the three daily treasure chests, then I switch over to the mobile version for efficiency.

I also find that scrolling through the circular quest line is much more efficient on the mobile version.