• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Improved Sorting of Trades

• Thread starter DeletedUser7733
  • Start date

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Ok so the basic problem we agree on, T4, T5, and soon T6 trades need to be separated either into a different trader tab or a filter added.

Before the Sentient goods 99% of people were happy with the trader, and those that have not reached the sentient goods are still happy.

This idea has been mentioned many times already so I do hope the developers consider it.

There is still the problem with the cross tier trades being sorted inconveniently. The T4+ trades are the bigger problem in my opinion and while I think about a filter or different tab or window, this thread is about sorting.

I'm more than thrilled to see a sorting algorithm that sorts standard goods first and at the same time sentient goods first without the use of filters :rolleyes: Any other sorting would be less convenient and not really worth the effort to change the trader, IMHO.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7733

I'm more than thrilled to see a sorting algorithm that sorts standard goods first and at the same time sentient goods first without the use of filters :rolleyes: Any other sorting would be less convenient and not really worth the effort to change the trader, IMHO.

It's all in the explanation I've given. I suggested that the goods will be sorted in the same order as listed in the Main Hall.

DeletedUser3451

that's quite an example of how people think of offtopic. both sorting and filtering affect how trades are being displayed. both contribute to clarity in the list of trades and they should not be discussed separately, as no matter how perfect one suggestion about sorting is, it might as well not be adequate at all under some filtering settings and vice versa. the game itself may be a mass of different modules by default, but it is how those modules fit into a whole that actually makes the game playable and enjoyable.

discussing the nice warm sun this morning is impossible outside of the context of the bright blue sky and the tiny white clouds on the horizon.

fragmented discussions are useless. if a discussion happens to evolve on a bigger scale as it was going to here, it should not be cut and separated. it should have the tread name adjusted to reflect the discussion it holds and should be nurtured by both moderators and users if it produces important feedback or ideas. moderation should encourage conversation instead of shutting it down or splitting it.

DeletedUser7733

offtopic

I really like this idea of hiding offtopic comments to make the thread easier to read. If you make a suggestion to do it, I'll surely support it.

DeletedUser3451

it works with obvious offtopic as those posts of mine, but it doesn't work with comments that are related to the thread's focus. the original idea is Lizzies, if i remember right. still most of what is deemed offtopic, imho isn't. which is my big issue with the subject