1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

Trader Improved Sorting of Trades

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CleverAngel777, Jan 9, 2019.

1. CleverAngel777

CleverAngel777 Conjurer

I have a suggestion on how to change the current sorting of trades to group similar trades together and make it easier to find what we want and help others with their trades. Currently, I have 42 pages of trades and it became very difficult to find the trades I would do.

So my suggestion is to change the star rating or remove it and use this sorting order:

3 star: offered amount > demanded amount

2 star: offered amount = demanded amount

0 star: offered amount < demanded amount

Kaliartis likes this.
  2. pompeywolf

pompeywolf Seeker

is this not what already happens.

RainbowElvira, Timneh and m4rt1n like this.
  3. CleverAngel777

CleverAngel777 Conjurer

It would make sense if it was, wouldn’t it? But no, currently the trades are sorted based on 16:4:1 ratio. Better than that is a 3 star trade, worse than that is a 0 star trade. That means that I have to go through a lot of cross trades before I get to 1:1 same tier trades – the most frequently traded type of trade.

Edit: Adjusted for removed posts.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Wowwie likes this.
  4. Dizzy Lizzie

Dizzy Lizzie Co-Community Manager Elvenar Team

Posts about filtering trades moved into a separate thread. @CleverAngel777 , you might like to alter your post to remove references to filtering so this thread stays on-topic:
    Improved Sorting of Trades

CleverAngel777 and m4rt1n like this.
  5. Lelanya

Lelanya Shaman

Watching.

CleverAngel777 likes this.
  6. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Enchanter

Anything that has the best trades at the top gets my vote.

I find it silly that a trade like
    10,000 for 9,999
    is above
    9000 for 5,000

Top ratio should be on top. I don't care if it's a tiny 100 for 50 trade, it's better.
    All cross tier trades starting after same tier 0 stars sounds great too. Sentients can even go after those since your needs there are probably rather specific and you can double filter to get what you need.

7. CleverAngel777

CleverAngel777 Conjurer

I'd love it if it was based on % rather than a fixed amount (eg 100 for 50 should be higher on the list than 10,000 for 9999). At this moment, I have to do rough calculations in my head which trade is better.

8. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Enchanter

With the discount % displayed and best first, or just in that order? I like either way.

9. BrightBlazeBlade

BrightBlazeBlade Spellcaster

this would be an awesome feature, as some players make '3 star trades' such as 9999 planks for 10000 marle just to appear at the top of the trader.

Kaliartis and CleverAngel777 like this.
  10. yo momma love me

yo momma love me Conjurer

i'm not a math teacher or an accountant. i mostly do warehouse work. but i'm glad they don't list trades based on the % of discount or markup. this gives me an advantage over the people out there who need to take their shoes and socks off to add 5 + 15. i'm not worried about them changing it either. you'll probably have better luck trying to get ozzy osbourne to stay clean and sober for the rest of his life than to get anyone to change anything by using this suggestion thread on the forum.
    but a decent and simple fix might be to use the ignore list that they already have to include trades. ( this is the same list that i've used to ignore the trolls that all seem to belong to the same fellowship and some of the same trolls that were harassing people on the "are they making tournaments harder" thread. if you don't like a player's trades then you wouldn't be able to see them.

BrightBlazeBlade likes this.
  11. BrightBlazeBlade

BrightBlazeBlade Spellcaster

that would be a great fix, as you could find the culprit and block their trades,
    or, even better, a way to select what trades you block from a player, such as an option to only block 1-star trades or something like that.

that would also be a great filter in general, not having to worry about 1 or zero star trades flooding the list.