• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

I Wonder how many....

Jake65

Sage
A random thought after reading an observation by Sir Derf.

How many wonders do players have relative to their chapter?
Just curious for no particular reason :)

I've just finished chapter 16 and have 13 AWs.

Edit to add: 340 AW levels

Last edited:

owl76

Bard
I'm near the end of chapter 15 and I have 18 AWs with a combined 416 AW levels.

I deleted one AW during this chapter (the Maze) and I'm not planning on getting either of the chapter 15 ones.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I'm halfway through chapter 20 with 23 AWs and (currently) 561 AW levels.

When I finish chapter 20 I will build at least 1 of the 2 new AWs, maybe both.

kurgkurg

Conjurer
every new AW level makes your losses in Spire and tourney a little bigger, so I like to keep my AW levels minimal. Some of them I use temporarily - build when I need that moment and delete them later. In my fighting city in ch 18, I have at moment 14 AW with 406 levels, but 3 of them are just temporary

But in my ch 20 "lazy" city I have 22 AW with 584 levels

Jake65

Sage
Some of them I use temporarily
I take it you don't level these up too high?

I can't figure how to check my total AW levels on mobile, will see in my trader tomorrow on PC.
Interesting that you factor in the effect of lots of AW levels for tourney and spire. I guess we all should :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Interesting that you factor in the effect of lots of AW levels for tourney and spire. I guess we all should :)
Only if you aim to get 10.000-20.000 points in tourney every week, because the difficulty (and losses) increase the deeper you go.
I personally gave up going very deep in tourney because it became a chore, having to click on the same buttons over and over again, so I went back to 10-20 provinces each week. I've noticed the AW levels hardly matter then, so I am just happily upgrading the AWs I want :)

Jake65

Sage
I've noticed the AW levels hardly matter then,
Thanks for this, good to know.
I push in marble week and it really does become laborious doing 50+ provinces.
Other weeks are much less like work :)

kurgkurg

Conjurer
I take it you don't level these up too high?

I can't figure how to check my total AW levels on mobile, will see in my trader tomorrow on PC.
It depends, but mostly not on to max level

I looked at those numbers from Elvenstats :D

SkyRider99

Immortal
Only if you aim to get 10.000-20.000 points in tourney every week, because the difficulty (and losses) increase the deeper you go.
I personally gave up going very deep in tourney because it became a chore, having to click on the same buttons over and over again, so I went back to 10-20 provinces each week. I've noticed the AW levels hardly matter then, so I am just happily upgrading the AWs I want :)
I'm in the same boat @C-Nymph. I aim for 5,000+ points in the tournament, which is about 6 rounds of 20 provinces. Any more than that is purely masochism! :)

Happy upgrading mate! :cool:

OldHag

Necromancer
I've finished chapter 20 - I've got 26 AWs' with 699 levels. :)

Lymhir

Spellcaster
every new AW level makes your losses in Spire and tourney a little bigger, so I like to keep my AW levels minimal.
I'm sorry, but where did you see, read or hear this? :)

Jake65

Sage
It's part of the formula used to determine the 'difficulty' of fights you encounter.
Most of it is over my head but there's a lot that's been written about it.
The experienced fighters will be able to explain it better but as I understand it, if you were to park your city and make no changes other than upgrading wonders, fights would become progressively more difficult.

MinervaOz

Enchanter

The formula seems to have been tweaked recently as the actual costs are lower than it suggests. There are many threads in this forum discussing it. The squad size you bring to tournament and Spire battles is, essentially, a function of completed mandatory techs, placed expansions and total AW levels. The bigger your squad size, the more troops you lose - the percentage loss isn't affected (individual fights don't become more difficult, they become more costly). As long as you can afford to replace the lost troops you can still achieve the same scores. If you're aiming for less than 10k you probably won't even notice.