• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

I think I have this sussed..

DeletedUser

New player, started second world and I think the below is the most efficient way to play, advice encouraged!

TL:DR version.
Figure out what you NEED (8 workshops, 3-4 manufactories, barracks armouries)
Add in residences and cultures as required to get the above
Cycle repeatable quests 1-3 times a day
PROFIT!

Longer version
I looked at what is the choke point of the game and decided it is RP.
Thus, every building is designed to get the maximum effect, without consideration to RP (as no building affects RP)
Once an amount of workshops is decided (8 in my case) and you know what else you need to build in that "age", put aside that amount of space and fill the rest with residences and culture ONLY as required.

The key to success is the repeatable quests. The amount you gain from these quests is far beyond and above what you can manufacture from buildings (be it gold/tools) so you should ONLY be making buildings or upgrading where there is a quest benefit.

Example: The first age has "gain supplies/gold/armies" and "upgrade building"
Each of these quests can be done a minimum of twice a day, possibly 3 times. As you gain more from the quests than you do from the buildings themselves, only build the buildings to complete the quests efficiently.
Cycle the quests, collect a minimum of 4 when you wake up.

What you actually build is really irrelevant, your main income is the quests. Don't upgrade until you have cycled to that quest. Don't collect supplies until you have cycled to that quest... etc

Fighting. Don't do it. Well, don't do it until you dominate. If you are losing troops, you are losing supplies. You don't NEED to gain more provinces (join a fellowship for trading) above what is needed to get to the next age. You are behind a little on RP, which is made up by the mountains of cash you make from the quests. Those supplies are better off used to build things, plus the less you spend, the less upgrades to your workshops you need to make.

Culture is for noobs. You heard me. Culture only affects gold and tools, with which you are overflowing with because
a) you don't waste tools on armies
b) you have large amounts of gold from repeatable quests.

What does culture do for you? NOTHING. Make the minimum to get the buildings you require, laugh at those people who waste space with cultural buildings.

Be patient. Suffering from a lack of RP? Wait a day and you get 24 RP. In that day, you have cycled your quests three times, upgraded buildings to almost max and can actually build/utilise the buildings the RP unlocks. Buy RP for gold, since you are swimming in it.

My 2 cents.

DeletedUser219

Not bad, for a start, but I think you will find as you progress that you will need to adjust your plans a little.
  1. The revenue from repeatable quests does not increase in line with your need, so you will find that using them for your MAIN source of coin/supplies is not sustainable.
  2. Fighting versus negotiating. Both methods of completing provinces costs you supplies, negotiating also costs you coin, as it takes both coin and supplies to produce the goods required. As you get further from your city, you may find it cheaper to produce the troops.
  3. KP (Knowledge Points) will not always be what is slowing you down. When you hit the Dwarves chapter you will find that you need a parking place for all those KP while you wait for the dwarven goods to accumulate to the point where you can activate the technologies you have researched. Hopefully you will have people whose AWs can be contributed to, which will give you even more KPs to get rid of.
  4. Last point is the best. Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day, and your city, if it is to be successful, won't be either.
If you use a semicolon [;] rather than a colon [:] in TL;DR the system doesn't put a :D in the middle of it.:p