• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered HTML5 Message Spacing

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Hi, I recently started using the HTML5 version of the game (kicking and screaming, but Flash kept crashing my PC). Aside from some other little weirdnesses and nuances one thing I find kind of frustrating is that if I paste text into a message from another source (i.e MS Word), it now adds two extra spaces between each extra line that I've pasted.

I send messages to the FS quite often like this to avoid losing them with game crashes. It's a little frustrating to have to go through deleting all these line spaces before I send each message. Does anyone know if there is a better way to solve this?

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
I'm using Word. I just checked and it is set on Calibri. Will this make a difference?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Hi, I recently started using the HTML5 version of the game (kicking and screaming, but Flash kept crashing my PC). Aside from some other little weirdnesses and nuances one thing I find kind of frustrating is that if I paste text into a message from another source (i.e MS Word), it now adds two extra spaces between each extra line that I've pasted.

I send messages to the FS quite often like this to avoid losing them with game crashes. It's a little frustrating to have to go through deleting all these line spaces before I send each message. Does anyone know if there is a better way to solve this?

top one is pasted from word. second from wordpad. no spacing in wordpad and the font doesnt matter it seems.:confused:
Maybe try using wordpad.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
So Word adds a space between paragraphs and Wordpad takes one away. That's the same thing perhaps. If that's all the case Wordpad will still slightly win because Word also adds a line space if there is a dashed line under a title.