• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered HTML5 Message Spacing

Pauly7

Magus
Hi, I recently started using the HTML5 version of the game (kicking and screaming, but Flash kept crashing my PC). Aside from some other little weirdnesses and nuances one thing I find kind of frustrating is that if I paste text into a message from another source (i.e MS Word), it now adds two extra spaces between each extra line that I've pasted.

I send messages to the FS quite often like this to avoid losing them with game crashes. It's a little frustrating to have to go through deleting all these line spaces before I send each message. Does anyone know if there is a better way to solve this?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Hi, I recently started using the HTML5 version of the game (kicking and screaming, but Flash kept crashing my PC). Aside from some other little weirdnesses and nuances one thing I find kind of frustrating is that if I paste text into a message from another source (i.e MS Word), it now adds two extra spaces between each extra line that I've pasted.

I send messages to the FS quite often like this to avoid losing them with game crashes. It's a little frustrating to have to go through deleting all these line spaces before I send each message. Does anyone know if there is a better way to solve this?

top one is pasted from word. second from wordpad. no spacing in wordpad and the font doesnt matter it seems.:confused:
Maybe try using wordpad.

Pauly7

Magus
So Word adds a space between paragraphs and Wordpad takes one away. That's the same thing perhaps. If that's all the case Wordpad will still slightly win because Word also adds a line space if there is a dashed line under a title.