• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How tournaments work

Hi, I'm a new player to the game and recently joined a fellowship. I would like to know are players happy with how tournaments are structuered so to speak. as I got to stage 6 on the 3 provinces I had open and I had to leave the computer an hour before they opened to do stuff and the tournament ended 30 mins after that.

Also the timer bugs out and falls out of sync i noticed if left open in browser idle after a period of time. to be honest that got under my skin, I dont like giving my time to be penalised like that. Gievn that the tournaments are regular reacurring comunity events, the expectation for of the player to be available at very specific times of day or otherwise you will not finnish the tournament ultimately is not condusive to the ordinary person.

maybe not locking each stage behind such exaustively long time increments would help, you can still keep the event the same length overall.

Gargon667

Mentor
The timer gets back in sync if you log out and back in, I guess. It´s always the same start and enddate, but apparently yesterday they had some trouble with the ending...

Anyway that´s how tourneys work. You need to jump through hoops to make all six rounds or you just don´t and play only 5 rounds (1 per day). the rewards in round 6 (in provinces 10+) are nonexistant and therefore only of interest to people that care about tourney scores.

There are 2 ways to reduce the cooldown time between rounds:
- Polar bear (an evolving event building available in crafting, but not sure it is there right now), takes 1 Pet Food per week. Even in unevolved form it reduces 10%! Fully evolved it reduces 20%.
- Timewarp AW in chapter 14. One of the best AWs in the game if you like tourneys :)
- Together the 2 can reduce cooldown to zero.

The rewards for round six are quite substantial, compared to the rest espicially. all those things you mentioned I like most player do not have access too. I get how the tourneys work and i don't like it, that's my point. not participating isnt really an option. I Don't think you get what I'm saying.

EDIT: I Have a life, I'm not for computer games encouraging people to to do stff that is arguably counter intuitive to there well being, why should I make sacrifices to commit to be available when i already have to the other stuff to even be able to participate like produce units and resources.

Last edited:

HappyRose

Spellcaster
If the rewards are received for the majority of the fellowship...
if I eject someone, will they still get their rewards ... we are only moving people between 2 fellowship so want them to get the blueprints etc

Pauly7

Magus
the rewards in round 6 (in provinces 10+) are nonexistant and therefore only of interest to people that care about tourney scores.
The rewards for round six are quite substantial, compared to the rest espicially.
The difference in opinion here is due to how far you go in a tournament. If you are likely to only play up to the first 9 provinces then round 6, indeed rewards you best. The great tournament rewards, however, come from completing provinces above No. 9. When you do this then you will come to appreciate rounds 2 & 5 the most (they pay out 5 and 6, respectively, KP per province). Rounds 1 and 4 give 1 PoP of EE spell per province. Comparatively, round 6 is not exciting.

if I eject someone, will they still get their rewards
No. If someone leaves a fellowship before the tournament ends then they won't get the team prizes.

HappyRose

Spellcaster
Yes but if the tourney already ended and we have our rewards... then I eject them will they get theirs??

HappyRose

Spellcaster
So the person is away for the weekend they haven’t been on since the end of the tourney ... but I need to transfer another in before they are back, ... so they still get their rewards

Gargon667

Mentor
So the person is away for the weekend they haven’t been on since the end of the tourney ... but I need to transfer another in before they are back, ... so they still get their rewards

AFAIK that´s how it is supposed to work anyway, if it really does, you´ll only know after you tried it :) If it doesn´t send a ticket to support.

I think the Notification may not show up (it has happened once that I can remember from someone that left), but the rewards should still show up even though the notification may not, so make sure they know what the have before the end of the tourney, so they can see if the rewards were added to the inventory.

Gargon667

Mentor
The rewards for round six are quite substantial, compared to the rest espicially. all those things you mentioned I like most player do not have access too. I get how the tourneys work and i don't like it, that's my point. not participating isnt really an option. I Don't think you get what I'm saying.

EDIT: I Have a life, I'm not for computer games encouraging people to to do stff that is arguably counter intuitive to there well being, why should I make sacrifices to commit to be available when i already have to the other stuff to even be able to participate like produce units and resources.

Sure I understand :) You´re not the first to complain about it (and you wont be the last either) and you can always send a message to support about it, if you like. I would expect the same result as always of course, which is none...

All I am saying is how you can work around it, which will get you hopefully better results than your complaints will.

Crafting is available from chapter 3 so that shouldn´t be an issue, and if everything is going according to plan the next artifact in the spire after the Mermaids should be old bears, which means the Polar bear will then be added to the crafting recipes in the MA (if they are not already), so everybody can get a 10% cooldown reduction then at the latest. If you get lucky with a few artifacts even a few % more.

Reaching the time warp in the tech tree can take a while for the less active players, but that early part of the game has been sped up considerably with the PP spells everybody gets bombarded with lately, so not as big an issue anymore as it used to be. Eventually you´ll get there even if you don´t play much.

Of course everybody always wants everything without doing anything for it, but that´s not really how computer games work. Companies are out to make money and they make more money the more time we spend on the games, so they will never reduce incentive for us to spend more time... Same reason why there is constantly a FA or other event going on. Same reason they keep making new chapters that everybody only ever complains about. I haven´t heard a single good word about any of the last 3 chapters ever, yet they still keep making more, because people will play them anyway and spend tons of time on doing it... Or the genius idea of inventing the spire, another event running parallel to everything else that is going on, so that now we have in addition to regular gameplay (which is admittedly rather basic), always at least 3 or 4 other things going on in parallel.
At the end of the day it is your choice to try and do it all, or to not do it and pick what works for you. If tourney round 6 doesn´t work then skip it, I am sure you can live without the 3 enchantments and 15 KP you get. From what I can tell the big majority of people never make a round 6 in their lives. Only nutcases go for 6 rounds every week ;)

BlueBlou

Illusionist

Welcome to the forum @cleverbjorn , I see you have a fairly new city. As I usually tell players, this is a game of choices. It is also not a quick game and to get your game state to the level of other players, you will likely have to invest a lot of time in it. I don’t know how old you are and/or how much time in the day you do have to spend on non-productive gaming activities, but the choice is yours whether this game is to your liking and you want to continue playing it or whether you simply want to stop and spend your time on other activities.

If you do decide to continue playing this game, this forum has a lot of players with a wealth of experience and can guide you on how to do things effectively. For now, rather do one province in tourney for 5 or 6 rounds, than trying to do all for 6 rounds. Slowly build up the number of provinces you are able to do. There are a lot of things you must try and keep in balance in this game. I would say if you can do 5 provinces for 5 rounds at this stage in your game, you are doing really well.