• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How many Expansions are there?

Aisling1

Conjurer
I believe the number of expansions available is finite.. as of now (only X amount of 5x5 tiles available, no matter what you do, how you play - another player says you get more when you move up a chapter you get an extra line (I think he means the city expands either length ways or width ways by the appropriate nr of expansions).. I say you get access to them, but there's still only a fixed number.. - and that there's a max and it is possible to reach this max.. and that other than city expansions in research, you could possibly get them all without going up a chapter..
Who's right? How does it work?

cwgiii

Shaman
There is definitely a max. Don't remember what it is.
I remember a thread in the Forums discussing this. If I remember correctly, there was discussion about regular play vs. Diamond purchases. I think I recall that Diamond purchases can extend the max from regular play, but only to an extent, and then the absolute max kicks in.

DeletedUser1829

another player says you get more when you move up a chapter you get an extra line

This sounds more like a reference to the fact that for many of the guest race updates a new row was added to the grid to expand the max space available. This had nothing to do with your chapter and was simply a game update that coincided with the release of a new chapter. The next new chapter will not have an increase in grid space so you can't expect this all the time.

The wiki link above shows all possible expansions and the where they can be obtained from.

DeletedUser441

At present there are 42 city expansions , 60 province expansions and 27 premium expansions.

DeletedUser5698

Does that mean that we can only expand our city 129 times in total?

Deleted User - 1634960

@ZORROW Less than that. The current grid size is 11x12 Expansion-sized blocks (=132), of which you were granted 6 when you started. So you currently have the opportunity to place 126 Expansions. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1757

So if we have 15 residences (and I guess the same question for manufacturies) in the Elven chapter, and we move into the Dwarven chapter, we would need to delete them to make space for the Dwarven style residences?,

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Generally the number of residences will stay steady as you progress. However, in some chapters they grow a lot in map size and therefore in population too, so keeping all of them would be overkill in population and leave little space for other buildings. Like most resources population is something you need to keep in balance, too much is almost as bad as too little.

DeletedUser441

So if we have 15 residences (and I guess the same question for manufacturies) in the Elven chapter, and we move into the Dwarven chapter, we would need to delete them to make space for the Dwarven style residences?,
Do not delete residences and manufactories . They are simply given a new name as they grow (upgrade). You may want to sell a couple later on when you wish to , but from what you wrote I think you do not understand that the same buildings change names as they grow.

DeletedUser1757

Do not delete residences and manufactories . They are simply given a new name as they grow (upgrade). You may want to sell a couple later on when you wish to , but from what you wrote I think you do not understand that the same buildings change names as they grow.
Ah, THAT is what I wondered. Thank you! Now, another question. The cultural buildings do not change names, and many are earned through quests. So, as available space declines, should we delete the smaller (in both area and amount of culture given) cultural buildings and opt for those that give more? I have many that give 67 cultural points, but I can buy one building that gives 2100 culture points, I believe. Would it be advisable to do that later?

And thanks for the responses. :)

Aisling1

Conjurer
Ah, THAT is what I wondered. Thank you! Now, another question. The cultural buildings do not change names, and many are earned through quests. So, as available space declines, should we delete the smaller (in both area and amount of culture given) cultural buildings and opt for those that give more? I have many that give 67 cultural points, but I can buy one building that gives 2100 culture points, I believe. Would it be advisable to do that later?

And thanks for the responses. :)

Absolutely, after a certain stage you will mostly only want culture that serves a dual purpose, ie culture & population, or manna production or orcs, supplies etc. It's unromantic but you start looking at "value per square" rather how gorgeous a building is.. also, combining visiting, in the hope of getting visited back with upgraded paths and culture giving AW's will become a way of life.. :) - so that you can have less cultural buildings taking up space

DeletedUser1757

Absolutely, after a certain stage you will mostly only want culture that serves a dual purpose, ie culture & population, or manna production or orcs, supplies etc. It's unromantic but you start looking at "value per square" rather how gorgeous a building is.. also, combining visiting, in the hope of getting visited back with upgraded paths and culture giving AW's will become a way of life.. :) - so that you can have less cultural buildings taking up space
Thank you very much. :)