• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How is the order of tournament provinces determined?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 106219
  • Start date

Deleted User - 106219

How is the order of tournament provinces determined? I thought the closest province of the tournament's type will be the first province, but that is clearly not the case:
Marble2.png
The province in the upper right corner is the Marble province closest to my town, but the first tournament province is the one in the lower left corner of the screenshot (even though it is further away).

DeletedUser

Tournament sectors are sequenced by distance, ring by pointy topped hexagonal ring, starting with the 10 o'clock position and rotating clockwise. At least it USED to be that way.

The sequence was the same as what's used to determine scouting costs and encounter difficulty, and now I'm going to have to go look at both sequences because Yeah, that Tournament sector appears to be in the third ring.

See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=World_Map#Province_Distance

To indulge in a bit of blue sky speculation, I suspect that the Tournaments are VERY MUCH about cultivating your neighbors, and it would be "logical" to favor Tournament sectors that were between you and your nearby neighbors, assuming that you both achieved a decent score in the most recent tournament.

Shall we merely say that I'm also very interested in what that developers are going to come up with for the auspicious placement of new immigrants. Maybe, hopefully, it will all hang together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

As you can see from my screenshot above the closest Marble province is in ring 2, so according to what you say that SHOULD be the first tournament province. But it's not - the first tournament province is in ring 3 instead.