• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How do you get such high FA scores?

Has anybody else wondered how some Fellowships get huge scores. If you have you should have a look at their members. Some of their cities are just brought in specifically for FAs. Have a look for yourselves at let us know what you think. Personally, I don't think that it should be allowed and I know a lot of people are not happy about it.

kimkimkim

Summoner
this almost says I can't have any low level players in my fellowship because certain badges come easier for them than they do for my high level players.......does this mean I should get rid of my low level players because badges come quicker and easier for them?.....are they an unfair advantage to everyone else? I think not!

this almost says I can't have members who no longer do chapters, therefore they have all kinds of space to build shanty towns for FA's....does this mean I should get rid of those players because having lots of space for shanty towns in FA's is easier for them?.....are they an unfair advantage to everyone else? I think not!

Whether we like it or not, Inno allows this to occur and there is nothing holding other fellowships back from doing the same thing, just because they don't do it, now they feel as those that do are "cheating" or something :rolleyes:

Sir Derf

Adept
Do higher performing Fellowships make it harder for lower performing Fellowships to:
  • Produce any of the 16 Badges?
  • Progress down a single aPth on the 3 Maps to earn the 3 Chests?
  • Reduce the rewards in the 3 Chests?
  • Clear all the Waypoints on the 3 Maps?
  • Progress in the Pit?
  • Collect Fellowship Points?
I'm fairly certain the answer to any and all of the above is "No."

In contrast, higher performing Fellowships do make it harder for lower performing Fellowships to:
  • Get higher ranking in the top 100 on the Fellowship Adventure Leaderboard.
  • Get better rewards for ranking higher in the top 100 on the Fellowship Adventure Leaderboard.
    • Additional 500-15k Fellowship Adventure Points
    • Additional 2h-60h in Time Booster
    • Additional 60k-250k Fellowship Perk Points
  • Various special building for the top 20 on the Fellowship Adventure Leaderboard.
Is this what you are missing out on?

Jake65

Sage
I often wonder how the top scoring fellowships achieve their scores, but from the perspective of amazement.
Having won a few top20 buildings I know the effort and dedication that goes in to a high score. Kudos to the fellowships that can do it consistently. However they achieve it, it doesn't come easily.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The max score in FAs are determined by the number of ghost in bottle badges the team can score. These come from doing well in tournaments and spire. I have not seen these badges being offered to buy by Inno, so those badges are earned. In addition to that, it comes down to efficient production and placement of badges, resources, communication, strategy on which points are done on the maps and how many rounds are done in the pit. That is the recipe. Real life factors may play a role and even the best plans may get a knock if a player gets sick and cant play. The top scoring teams also have experience in playing FAs and I have yet to see totally newbie teams being in the top 3, but maybe one day it might happen, although very unlikely.

Monohr

Spellcaster
May be so, but when you see some fellowships history on elvenstats, old but small accounts with tons of trophies, large badge farms AND accounts like somename1, somename2, somename3.
It really makes you question the fairness of it all.
Elvenar team should do a cleanup and set this straight to be honest.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I don't think it's cheating or unfair because:
- it's not dishonest as they are not hiding anything
- it's not unfair because every FS is free to invite small players like that
- there's no harm as everyone can do it and there's no damage to the game
- there's no proof of breaking any current game rules (only Inno can say so)
- also it's only few cities, majority of their FS are still big cities as they do need a lot of space and also perform well in tournament, spire, crafting etc

As to why they achieve high scores, the way I see it, it's because of the full commitment. You can see on their cities that they fully invest themselves in it. They only keep buildings that are helpful to FA. We usually are in top 10 but we still don't fully invest ourselves in it as it's fully voluntary and not organised, just self-balancing. So I can understand how complete commitment can make a huge difference.

One of you is right a newbie will never place in top 3 especially when the top 3 teams have cities that are made just for FAs. It's a shame that I can't name the cities in question

Last edited:

SkyRider99

Immortal
Itis cities that just lie in wait for a FA and are then brought into the FA so the FS can get the top rewards.
That sounds incredibly sneaky @uthred the great slayer. How do they work that? Do some high ranking members just quit their FS, and then take new members with shanty-town cities for the duration of the FA?

Presumably after the FA the new members quit and the old members rejoin. It does seem a bit dodgy.

Sir Derf

Adept
So what? Whatever the means, are the ends really so important?

Fellowship participation in Fellowship Adventures is wholly independent. Fellowship 1 can not make it harder (or easier) for Fellowship 2 to progress. Production costs don't change. Badge costs don't change. The pool of badges don't run out. Map Waypoints don't get blocked. Badge requirements to claim Waypoints don't change.

No, the only point where Fellowships 'interact' with each other, and where Fellowships can get differential rewards, is based on the leaderboard of overall Fellowship Adventure progress. This is a comparison of relative advancement, again in a circumstance where Fellowship 1 can not influence Fellowship 2's score, only their relative position based on better or lesser progress.

And all for what? A higher rank. So? Why do you want it? What does it get you?

Are you being disadvantaged by not getting a few more Perk Points this week?
Are you being unfairly robbed of additional Time Boosts?
Are those special buildings for the top 20 Fellowships that much better than buildings you can build, craft, or win in events?
Is there some other advantage that a higher rank on the leaderboard provides that I am not seeing?

If you want me to feel aggrieved, if you want me to be upset by 'cheating' Fellowships swapping in 'ringer' cities, then you need to convince me that they are 'stealing' something of worth.

So, what are they taking from you?

SkyRider99

Immortal
So what? Whatever the means, are the ends really so important?

Fellowship participation in Fellowship Adventures is wholly independent. Fellowship 1 can not make it harder (or easier) for Fellowship 2 to progress. Production costs don't change. Badge costs don't change. The pool of badges don't run out. Map Waypoints don't get blocked. Badge requirements to claim Waypoints don't change.
I agree with what you are saying @Sir Derf. I was just curious about some possible tip that I hadn't encountered. :cool:

Sir Derf

Adept
As a completely separate question, are they even taking it from you?

I'm on Felyndral. The Leaderboard shows 1,120 Fellowships. 475 (42%) have placed at least a single badge.

The top 100, where you start getting bonus Perk Points and Time Boosts are 21.1%. Are there 100 'cheating' Fellowships? Are you being forced out of this level? Are there 20 'cheating' Fellowships, and yours is ranked 120?

The top 20, where you start getting a bonus building, are only 4.2% of all participating Fellowships. Are there 20 'cheating' Fellowships? Are you being forced out of this level? Are there 5 'cheating' Fellowships, and yours is ranked 25?

Jake65

Sage
Is that a real fact @BlueBlou ? I am not disputing your statement. It is just that I hadn't heard that before. :)
I think ghosts are the only badges with a predictable limit.
2* complete spires + all available tournament provinces. You can work out your fellowship's maximum number of ghosts before the FA starts.
If every fellowship were to produce huge numbers of all the other badges, ghosts would determine the ranking at the end.
That being said, other badges seem to more difficult to get at the moment.
On the upside, with an awareness that ghosts might be a hiccup, our FS is pushing hard in the tournament and we've just achieved 14 chests for the first time :)

Jake65

Sage
Most of you are missing the point. It is not small cities. Itis cities that just lie in wait for a FA and are then brought into the FA so the FS can get the top rewards. That's why the top spots are always going to the same FSs
If you know of any in Winyandor, please let me know (by message if that's allowed)
I'm really keen to see how they are built/laid out.
Production badge requirements are tiered according to your chapter but ghosts, druid's, witch hats, etc aren't.
I'm really curious to try figure out how a shanty city can ace the spire and tournament.

Lymhir

Spellcaster
I did a quick search and saw that it works more or less like this:
there are two high level FS A and B, related to each other, two days before the FSA N cities from A leave and enter B while N from B go to A. The cities entering A from B are purpose-built for huge productions with level 1 factories/workshops. These cities are at least level 4 with some high-level wonders, but I have also seen cities above level 10.