• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Heroes Forge

Gadun Moth

Seeker
Heroes Forge should have it's production at 3hrs. like any other wonder producing units. You need two days of production for one single slot of a unit. Pretty low.

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Heroe's Forge doesn't produce units, it produces Orcs, which are a resource (which can be used to build units). The Orc production of Heroe's Forge is not high, that's true, but Orcs do produce slowly in general. The fastest Orc production happens in Armories, which have a 12-hour production option, so I think 24h for the Forge is O.K.

Gadun Moth

Seeker
Heroe's Forge doesn't produce units, it produces Orcs, which are a resource (which can be used to build units). The Orc production of Heroe's Forge is not high, that's true, but Orcs do produce slowly in general. The fastest Orc production happens in Armories, which have a 12-hour production option, so I think 24h for the Forge is O.K.
Your explanation resolved the issue. All the players were trying to send the orcs to fight battles and were about to quit for not succeeding. Your explanation was extremely helpful. All is good now .... You think is ok to produce orcs that only suffice for 3 unit slots daily, units that you may lose in one lvl of the spire, not to mention that exploration, research and buldings/upgrades require orcs too ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm in Ch18, and slightly overscouted...

Lvl40 Armory - 2,100 Orcs in 12 h using 5x5 squares, or 7 Orc/sq/h
Lvl35 Heroes Forge - 9.2* 610 Provinces = 5,612 Orcs in 24 hours using 5x5 squares, or 9.35 Orc/sq/h

At least for me, a fully evolved Heroes Forge is 33% more efficient at producing Orcs than a current Armory.
For me, the break even at Chapter 18 is about Lvl25 with 610 Provinces, or Lvl35 with 456 Provinces.

I can understand the desire for Orc production to match or exceed Orc-based troop-based consumption. You want more. I'd love more, too.

Jake65

Sage
If orc production is your primary goal then I'm not sure the Forge is the route to go. For me it's about buffing the HM troops and getting some orcs on the side as an added bonus.
Echoes of the Forgotten is very efficient in terms of orcs/tile/day.
Contrary to what their smell might imply, orcs don't decay so if you have space put down some orc nests and build up stock for a few weeks.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Your explanation resolved the issue. All the players were trying to send the orcs to fight battles and were about to quit for not succeeding. Your explanation was extremely helpful. All is good now .... You think is ok to produce orcs that only suffice for 3 unit slots daily, units that you may lose in one lvl of the spire, not to mention that exploration, research and buldings/upgrades require orcs too ?
I think @SpaceCowboy reply was on point!!

And IMO, you don't need the Heroes' Forge to produce orcs, build more armories or even build many orc nests to get the orcs you need and don't use them to make troops (build many grounds of the orc strategists), learn to use the other troops instead to fight and if you don't fight but instead negotiate then learn how to fight using the other troops.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Gadun Moth

Seeker
I'm in Ch18, and slightly overscouted...

Lvl40 Armory - 2,100 Orcs in 12 h using 5x5 squares, or 7 Orc/sq/h
Lvl35 Heroes Forge - 9.2* 610 Provinces = 5,612 Orcs in 24 hours using 5x5 squares, or 9.35 Orc/sq/h

At least for me, a fully evolved Heroes Forge is 33% more efficient at producing Orcs than a current Armory.
For me, the break even at Chapter 18 is about Lvl25 with 610 Provinces, or Lvl35 with 456 Provinces.

I can understand the desire for Orc production to match or exceed Orc-based troop-based consumption. You want more. I'd love more, too.
I understand you perfectly. You, veterans have it on easy mode, no offense; fire birdie at max, multiple Moonstone Library and other good event buildings at max. To boost my troops to 50% extra dmg I have to deploy 4 extra buildings. So is obvious I lose more troops at events than you. I have 4 armories at max as well, I over-scouted to the point of 15 provinces/expansion. More orcs won't make the game easier but less struggling.

Sir Derf

Adept
*tweet* Goalpost in Motion! 10 yard penalty.

Don't like my numbers, don't like my Chapter? What's your Chapter?

More than happy to continue to discuss the merits and/or drawbacks of the Orc production of the Heroes Forge, your original point. If you're going to shift to other topics, well, that's a different conversation.