• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Help figuring out diamond costs.

DeletedUser2164

I'm building a wiki page so new people can estimate how much this game costs.
Inno games typically does not provide such information outside what you encounter in the game.

I've only recently started playing and have figured out very little.

One part is knowledge points:
If you don't want to wait the 9832 knowledge points the game needs it will cost you 45 diamonds each which lands at about $5000 (based on the smallest packet). So even at a -37% at efficient purchases its still a fat stack of $3100. The exact cost being half a dollar per 45 gems (at the smallest packet).

I don't know if finishing buildings has dynamic costs that change based on length or if they use a flat rate at any amount of time you want to finish.

I would appreciate some feedback of ongoing construction you have and how many diamonds it wants to finish so i can figure out the costs.

For instance I am now looking at a 31 mins of construction at 21 diamonds to finish...

Considering the company's recent profit statements its even likely this game is one of the most expensive browser games available right now.

Please we don't give us a polite reminder we can play it for free. We know we can. I am particularly interested how many dollars can sink into this thing.

For those of you curious about gem buildings, I'm going to start gathering info on that later, though its not going to be relevant without a proper assessment of usefulness you buy. Especially considering many of the diamonds buildings become obsolete as you progress in the game.

Data to be collected:

1. Construction time and its finish now cost. - To help give me your building time and diamonds wanted to finish it.
2. Special resource prices PER resource (the stuff they sell you when you don't have enough). -To help give me special resources they offer you and how much diamonds they want - preferably only of one kind if you are buying wood for instance.
3. Do the premium expansions price increase when you buy more? -If you've bought premium expansions tell me how many you have left to buy and whats the price of your current one.

X. Diamond buidings - I will gather these my self overtime unless there are hidden ones that aren't mentioned anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you don't want to wait the 9832 knowledge points the game needs it will cost you 45 gems each which lands at about $5000 (based on the smallest packet). So even at a -37% at efficient purchases its still a fat stack of $3100. The exact cost being half a dollar per 45 gems (at the smallest packet).

First point: There is a difference between Diamonds and Gems. You can build a manufactory to produce Gems as a goods product (T3 along with Elixir and Magic Dust). So when you say KP's cost 45 gems each; do you mean gems or diamonds?

Second: I don't know where the 9832 KP's comes from. If it's the tech tree that gets added to in some updates so your number would soon be out of date. There are also other things KP's can be used for so I don't think it's possible to say the game will take "X" KP's to complete accurately.

I don't know if finishing buildings has dynamic costs that change based on length or if they use a flat rate at any amount of time you want to finish.

The diamond cost to finish an upgrade, research or whatever changes depending on how many resources you are short, time remaining and possibly other factors such as level of building, chapter etc. I doubt it's possible to obtain data that would be valid for all players or even a majority.

So far as I'm aware the only buildings that are Diamond buys only are cultural. Usefulness comes down to do they give good culture per square of space.

I do play for free, I've never bought diamonds.

DeletedUser2164

My bad, I'm a clash of clans head. So i called diamonds - gems. I'll fix the first post.

You just add up all the KP required as it says on the screen of the research menu. And I'll update when they update.

Also finish now costs on buildings are based on a central calculation. Otherwise there would be an uproar among players. When a company ask one guy to pay 5$ and another guy to pay 10$ for the same thing. I just need input to figure out the formula.

If you go to the bottom of the
http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Gems
you will find the calculators that will tell you the exact price of time you input and want to skip.

Among other pages you can find the times and costs of everything. You can know all cocts and all times. Allowing you to calculate whatever information you are interested.

Or you can just see a total breakdown at:
http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Cumulative_Costs

So I'm basically trying to provide the same tools and info.

DeletedUser

You just add up all the KP required as it says on the screen of the research menu. And I'll update when they update.

Good to hear but again; there are others uses for KP's. Ancient Wonders being one.

Also finish now costs on buildings are based on a central calculation. Otherwise there would be an uproar among players. When a company ask one guy to pay 5$ and another guy to pay 10% for the same thing. I just need input to figure out the formula.

Initial or upgrade building costs have set amounts of different goods/coins/tools. But each player could have a widely different availability of each of the goods available. The diamond cost is to make up for that shortfall. If you have all the requirements but then seek to finish it ahead of time using diamonds, the diamond cost decreases the less time remaining. That's an awful lot of variables to be trying to include. You'd need tons of data, or intimate knowledge of the code to figure them out, I think. If someone wants to prove me wrong work away.

I don't play CoC but from a brief review of your links it appears "Gems" can be earned in game from achievments, obstacles etc. There is no in-game system to earn diamonds in Elvenar. I'm sure there are other differences. So from a brief consideration what you propose looks far more complicated than I'd want to take on. I wish you luck with it.

DeletedUser363

There is also the factor of the different currencies Inno use through the membership, good luck ;)

DeletedUser2164

Thanks, keep em coming. Its already apparent they are using the same bracket system as clash of clans. I just need info from longer construction to see the kind of discount they do for longer times.