• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Help: Buildings - Basic to Legendary Summonable Building level - Info and Upgrade and General Strategy.

MysticPT

Seeker
Hi,

Basic to Legendary Summonable Building level

Question1: Where do we have information about this topic?
Question2: After the building is summoned and in the city, how do I know the building is basic, epic or legendary? - I'm unable to find any information about it anymore.

Question3: Evolution of the summoned building?
With the Phoenix event I was able to get and summon very good buildings for (Rank III research rank)

However I'm a little uneasy about the future of these great summoned buildings.
What happens when I arrive to level IV and then V and VI? these level III legendary get outdated no?
Looks like impossible to upgrade all these buildings using: Royal Restoration items.

Is this duable? Any information/ strategy?

... Any other opinion and help about this topic is welcome...

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julian

Sorcerer
I'm not sure what you mean by the terms "Basic" and "Legendary". Do you mean chapters?
If so, you can click on a building and it will show the symbol of the chapter it's in. You can use royal restoration spells to advance the building from one chapter to the next. No, you won't have enough spells to do that with all your buildings. So, only do it on important buildings you want to keep, such as an evolving building. With all the other buildings, chuck them when they get too old and replace with new ones you've won from the latest event.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
m not sure what you mean by the terms "Basic" and "Legendary". Do you mean chapters?
Any event won building (or even instant) is assigned a fairly arbitrary status of basic, epic or legendary. Most people wouldn't even notice, but you can tell because the icon will be surrounded in either blue, gold or purple.

@MysticPT I really don't think it makes any difference. If Inno decides their item is that good, then they make the icon purple and call it legendary. Quite often they're just wrong, and sometimes it's only that good to whatever player finds it that useful.

Most buildings don't evolve, per se. Only the evolving buildings (one per month).
What happens when I arrive to level IV and then V and VI? these level III legendary get outdated no?
Yes, by their nature all event won buildings tend to become more outdated when you move up to new chapters. You can upgrade them, though, using Royal Restoration spells, or otherwise replace them with chapter level buildings when the next event comes around.

cwgiii

Shaman
I personally have been playing for a while (over 5 years). I keep a spreadsheet of all of the summon-able buildings for every event and those that can be crafted. This has given me a great database of how often different buildings become available. Another great resource is Elvenarchitect. There are lists of each building by chapter so you can see if a building is worth upgrading via RR spells. Elvenarchitect also has comparison charts by population and culture, etc. to help determine value for your particular city. I am sure there are other resources out there on the web, in addition.

I only upgrade those buildings that I REALLY want to keep, that are most powerful in my particular city, that NEVER appear again.

As Julian mentioned, if it can be crafted, or appears in a particular event over and over, there is no reason to waste RR spells on an upgrade. Many events have become annually recurring. So, you can expect many repeating buildings from those particular events.

Note: evolving structures like the Phoenixes are an exception for me. I got the bases in the original event, plus the stage artifacts. I only recently placed the Fire Phoenix and have maxed out it's 10 stages and upgraded it fully with RR spells.

Gargon667

Mentor
Question1: Where do we have information about this topic?
Question2: After the building is summoned and in the city, how do I know the building is basic, epic or legendary? - I'm unable to find any information about it anymore.

it has absolutely no importance, the only difference is the color background of the spells. probably to make it look less boring in the inventory, but certainly no difference in game-play, so the sooner you forget this whole topic the better :)

With the Phoenix event I was able to get and summon very good buildings for (Rank III research rank)

However I'm a little uneasy about the future of these great summoned buildings.
Looks like impossible to upgrade all these buildings using: Royal Restoration items.

All buildings get outdated. You have to either upgrade them with the inbuilt upgrades (like for factories, WS, etc) or by deleting and replacing them (alternatively use the rare royal restoration spell) for summonable buildings. Culture/mana buildings from the buildings menu also need to be deleted and replaced with other higher chapter buildings every chapter.
The only exception I can think of are AWs, they have usually built-in factors that improve them while your city grows, so they auto-upgrade, but the good ones are still better upgraded, while the bad ones are better ignored entirely.

Julian

Sorcerer
Any event won building (or even instant) is assigned a fairly arbitrary status of basic, epic or legendary. Most people wouldn't even notice, but you can tell because the icon will be surrounded in either blue, gold or purple.
Ah, never taken any notice of the borders. I see the ashen phoenix is legendary. But storm, coldfire and aurette ones are only epic. Hmm. I've survived two years not knowing that. Don't think I've missed much.

Gargon667

Mentor
Ah, never taken any notice of the borders. I see the ashen phoenix is legendary. But storm, coldfire and aurette ones are only epic. Hmm. I've survived two years not knowing that. Don't think I've missed much.

One of the mysteries of elvenar: why do buildings have different ranks, when there is not the least difference between the "different" ranks?

MysticPT

Seeker
Thank you all.

Just last idea ... with example:
Today we have daily exclusive: Phoenix Chic and is an Epic build.
When I got this building on day 1 of event I was in Rank II.

When I got first time the building it was: (2 already summoned)
183pop
260Tools
112Culture.

3 days ago I was rank III and now building is:
Today the building is:
220pop
136culture
113Marble

I believe that this even will be over... and I want to keep this building... note: I've got even better buildings from event.

I can continue upgrade the building with Royal Restoration items
... is it easy to get them?

Thank you....

BlueBlou

Illusionist
No, you won’t get enough Royal Restorations to upgrade all event buildings you will win while playing Elvenar. Events give you building stats according to the chapter you are in. When you get to chapter 5, your chapter 2 buildings will be outdated and you will have to keep an eye out on how you can replace them. As a rule of thumb, you do not get similar buildings in events following one another, but something will come along eventually.

The evolving buildings work a bit differently and we are seldom offered exactly what was given in the past. Some of the good building bases and evolving relics are now obtainable for limited periods in the Spire or Magic Academy.

As with a lot of things in Elvenar, it is a game of choices. Best you can do is to get in a good fellowship so you have access to good team rewards and then it is up to you on how you want to play the game. Whether you save up the Royal Restoration spells to upgrade the buildings you like or whether you sell all and replace with newly gained buildings.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
No, you won’t get enough Royal Restorations to upgrade all event buildings you will win while playing Elvenar.
That depends how slow you're willing to play. I've never gotten rid of a building that I liked and it finally paid off once the RRs came out. I still have the building I won in a mini event in April 2017 and I'm glad I kept it now because it's a much better culture/pop building than any that come out now... or ever will again. It looks really cool too! :)

Gargon667

Mentor
That depends how slow you're willing to play. I've never gotten rid of a building that I liked and it finally paid off once the RRs came out. I still have the building I won in a mini event in April 2017 and I'm glad I kept it now because it's a much better culture/pop building than any that come out now... or ever will again. It looks really cool too! :)

But for you we need to invent a special Pauly calculation ;) Something like average pop/culture bonus per square per week since you first built it :D

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
But for you we need to invent a special Pauly calculation ;) Something like average pop/culture bonus per square per week since you first built it :D
That's true. It was good when I first got it, when I was in chapter 1 or 2, but it quickly became outdated and then soon after it was really just junk, but I couldn't ever bring myself to get rid of it. Then when the RR spells came out I upgraded it through the chapters and now it's one of my best culture/pop buildings. The building is Menhirok's Barrow.