• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Halloween quests

Spartus

Adventurer
Hi I'm new to the game but have a problem, for days I'm on the same quest because I can't complete 3 encounters, all. Provinces around me are very hard with squad sizes 5 times higher than mine, what I do. I could use a pet supply but can't find any buildings to use it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

FieryArien

Necromancer
Tyvm, that isn't obvious to a newbie cheers
Yes, I can’t agree more. It wouldn’t cross my mind, I only read it elsewhere and now I’m passing the info along. If you don’t mind you can post your experience in the feedback thread (https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/the-misty-forest-event.15320/). Such “real play” report must surely have high significance. (You are one among many players who had this problem, but also one of very few players who joined the forums.)

Spartus

Adventurer
I'm afraid I nearly gave up on the event because of the quest to win 3 encounters, I did try to use the pet food to no avail as well, luckily someone posted some advice to disenchant and waste the pet food to progress. If I get the quest again then I'm stuck again but no pet food next time.

Squad sizes can be misleading. I regularly have squads of around 80 easily beating enemy squads of 300+. Using the most suitable troops is more important, but occasionally it isn't enough.

There are ways to make the fights easier though. For example: complete all available squad upgrades, and use buildings like the Enlightened Light Range and Fire Phoenix (from crafting in Magic Academy). As you progress in the game, more options appear like the Magnificent Mage Multiplier and Needles of the Tempest.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
I'm afraid I nearly gave up on the event because of the quest to win 3 encounters
It's the huge number of KP you have to buy that almost did it for me that and the scout province/upgrade building quests.
The scouting is fine at lower levels but when it takes 2+day it's really weighted against players in higher chapters and yes I know that you can just build a couple of workshops and upgrade those.....that's hardly the point.....and buying KP at 1million+ per point is absolute c*** when you have to purchase 20 to move on.
Then to top it off the event mechanics in itself is hugely unfair.. .at least with the other events you save up and get a high level chest etc. you get set progression, saving 400+ magic items to get the large pack of items can still result in only 2 cats and sod all else.
This event is the absolute worst!!!

Gargon667

Mentor
I don´t know why people always have to complain about everything. Buy KP? How can a quest be possibly easier than that?
Either you always buy KP, then you just keep doing what you always do, or you don´t always buy KP, then the KP price is so low you can easily fill the quest without effort.
Sure 1 KP costs 1 or 2 million gold, but the MH holds 40 million, so even at 2 million per KP I can buy 20 KP in one go without even thinking about it. And if I have to do it again 5 minutes later I use a few coin instants, what´s the big deal?

Sigyn

Spellcaster
what´s the big deal?
The big deal is that not everyone has the instants or gold in reserve and if you don't 21million is a complete nightmare and also completely over the top

Gargon667

Mentor
The big deal is that not everyone has the instants or gold in reserve and if you don't 21million is a complete nightmare and also completely over the top

If you have no coin instants in your inventory that is your own fault. Not Innos. You can even make them in the events usually (haven´t checked this one yet). Craft a few 100% coin instants in your MA and keep them for next event, problem solved.

I don´t know what chapter you are in, but 20 mio is not a big deal for towns in say double digit chapters? Even without instants, or visiting your neighbours (which will probably also fill the quest) how long will it take you to collect that? a day or 2? So a perfectly reasonable quest requirement.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
If you have no coin instants in your inventory that is your own fault. Not Innos. You can even make them in the events usually (haven´t checked this one yet). Craft a few 100% coin instants in your MA and keep them for next event, problem solved.

I don´t know what chapter you are in, but 20 mio is not a big deal for towns in say double digit chapters? Even without instants, or visiting your neighbours (which will probably also fill the quest) how long will it take you to collect that? a day or 2? So a perfectly reasonable quest requirement.
Tbh it takes about 20min as I can get that from helping my neighbours.....but that's not the point it's not the gold is it I agree that would be a perfectly reasonable quest.....but it's the having to buy KP that's completely unreasonable as it then increases the price for the next lot of KP and so on.....and 20KP I'm sorry is just obscene....8 is bad enough, and then with the way the misty forest actually works you can up with absolutely nothing to show for it.....at least with the chests/bauble events you know what your getting and can progress whereas today I got a 195pack of lights and only got 2 cats/1 unit instant ....not good!!!

Gargon667

Mentor
Yes helping neighbours takes time, but that is certainly not an unreasonable quest requirement. Btw it´s faster on the App than on the browser. And buying KP is no big deal, the price increases very slowly, if you don´t buy KP outside of quests, your gold income will grow faster than your KP price, so the quest will get easier and easier over time.
Rewards are a separate discussion, which I personally can´t be bothered to say much about. Rewards have been completely uninteresting to me for about 2 years now. I think I only remember 1 single reward (the red panda from previous event) that I actually care for out of those 2 years worth of finishing events lol. I like the misty forest mini game, as it puts a bit more brains into spending event currency, but rewards wise whatever I have long ago stopped caring. Whatever I get is a bonus, but nothing worth talking about.

Far Reach

Conjurer
And buying KP is no big deal, the price increases very slowly, if you don´t buy KP outside of quests, your gold income will grow faster than your KP price, so the quest will get easier and easier over time.

I agree of course. But more than that, by my calculations it is virtually impossible for a late game player to get themselves into serious problems by overbuying kp (provided that they continue to progress through chapters as they appear). The point is that each additional kp bought with gold only increases the cost of the next one by 500kp. As a C18 player, my Main Hall has a capacity of 120 million and my daily gold income from magic residences is around 25 million. Even raising the cost of each kp from about 500k (which it is currently) to 6 million (which would still allow me to use a single 100% coin instant to buy 20kp) would require me to buy 11k kp at an average cost of 3.25 million. That comes to a total spend of over 32 billion kp and would require several years worth of residence production.

And we haven't even mentioned the independent options to use goods to buy kps ..

Elvenar seems to be a game in which it is really hard to permanently sabotage oneself.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
Elvenar seems to be a game in which it is really hard to permanently sabotage oneself.

I fully agree with that :) The only way to actually run into any trouble at all is stopping chapter progress in an early chapter (Orc wall, low MH capacities etc), I would say once you reach double digit chapters it is very hard to permanently screw up.
Selling a Firebird would be the worst I can think of and it seems one can even rebuild those nowadays within a half year tops ...

Sigyn

Spellcaster
Selling a Firebird would be the worst I can think of
Or falling asleep and accidentally selling 1 of your gingerbread cottages....esp.as you now have enough artefacts to fully upgrade......that's pretty tear inducing :0(

Cheryn

Bard
OMG, you high level players absolutely TICK me off! My EX-arch mage said, "just build a moonstone library" like it is the end-ALL answer to everything! First of ALL, the main portion of the Library requires 12,000 (something like that) spell fragments to craft. I have NEVER, since I started playing, had more than 4500 fragments in my possession at one time. Secondly, That library is huge and dwarves need a TON of space if you are going to get through it well. Then the quest masters are telling you to HAVE some ungodly sized cultural item that there is NO room for, all the while you are struggling to replace old culture with new culture items that carry population, because you can't upgrade your residences any further until you do the research, which you can't even get to because you can't build a copper mine yet, because your portal isn't upgraded far enough, because while you might have the granite, you don't have the space quite yet because you need that expansion that you can't get to. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! It is making me sick!!! I need a freekin' spread sheet to figure out what I need to do first! I haven't even finished my T3 factory upgrades and still need to finish my barracks. I'm like 4 upgrades behind on my T3s, but can't do them because I need population. I can't get population because my residences are maxed until I finish research, which I can't do because I'm still doing lower research and I can't even get an expansion because I hit the orc wall in my world and had to turn around and this has slowed me down to a snails pace and I hate being a SLUG! Someone just step on my city and squash it so I can get off the rat wheel!!!!! (Ok, that's my rant for the day :)~)

Cheryn

Bard
If I get the quest again then I'm stuck again but no pet food next time.

It's the fight and win 3 encounters that messed me up. I figured out the pet food thing on my own, just tryed to disenchant it and it did work, but this time no pet food around, rotation after rotation, day...tick, tick, tick...by day. It's in my little human city I'm having the worst troubles, the event quests and even game quests are somewhat unreasonable, in my opinion. (But who am I? NOBODY) Absolutely, I'll make pet food again, but simply ran out of spell fragments and I'm not quite into chapter 3 yet, so no spire, so I'm SOL. Goodbye event. Doesn't matter, didn't like the broken down, shabby, black and orange and green, stupid bat infested, ghost ridden, broken pumpkin tarnished, little witchy buildings ANYWAY! Should I tell you how I REALLY feel about this event? Halloween is like ONE night people, hello!?!

cwgiii

Shaman
This game is not for everyone. It can be incredibly frustrating.

There are many instances that "teach" players the lesson of patience. I remember the Orc wall, in particular, sent me through fits.

Many of the choices presented along the way have lasting repercussions throughout the game. "Choose wisely"

Slow and steady, balanced approaches tend to be the wiser path through game play. It is not a race, your city is never finished, never perfect. But it is YOUR city. Don't let anyone (including an AM) tell you how to build your city. One can give good advice / strategy. Be aware that there are many different play styles that lead to differing strategies. These can all evolve over time (even years). I try not to tell people to "DO" this or that. Be wary of folks that insist you should sell this/that or build this/that, without a thoughtful explanation.

I have experienced those AMs out there that enforce building requirements and timelines on there fellows. In the end, they are not doing themselves or the fellowship an favors.

Gargon667

Mentor
OMG, you high level players absolutely TICK me off! My EX-arch mage said, "just build a moonstone library" like it is the end-ALL answer to everything! First of ALL, the main portion of the Library requires 12,000 (something like that) spell fragments to craft. I have NEVER, since I started playing, had more than 4500 fragments in my possession at one time. Secondly, That library is huge and dwarves need a TON of space if you are going to get through it well. Then the quest masters are telling you to HAVE some ungodly sized cultural item that there is NO room for, all the while you are struggling to replace old culture with new culture items that carry population, because you can't upgrade your residences any further until you do the research, which you can't even get to because you can't build a copper mine yet, because your portal isn't upgraded far enough, because while you might have the granite, you don't have the space quite yet because you need that expansion that you can't get to. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! It is making me sick!!! I need a freekin' spread sheet to figure out what I need to do first! I haven't even finished my T3 factory upgrades and still need to finish my barracks. I'm like 4 upgrades behind on my T3s, but can't do them because I need population. I can't get population because my residences are maxed until I finish research, which I can't do because I'm still doing lower research and I can't even get an expansion because I hit the orc wall in my world and had to turn around and this has slowed me down to a snails pace and I hate being a SLUG! Someone just step on my city and squash it so I can get off the rat wheel!!!!! (Ok, that's my rant for the day :)~)

Welcome to elvenar!

But not to worry all those problems can and will be solved eventually.
And a spreadsheet isn´t a bad idea either ;) I used to write calculators for each guest race in excel to calculate how many of what level of which building to build to produce all the goods I needed to finish the guest race in whatever amount of time I wanted to finish it in :) Usually I played each of the first 5 or so guest races in 3 or 4 weeks. It gets slower after that, but of course nowadays we have PP spells so you can basically play guest races on much less space a lot faster than previously.

And yes DO build the spire library :D It´s an investment that certainly pays off, no matter how much it costs you to craft, you´ll get more that that back rather quickly (in terms of elvenar).