• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Halloween building boost

• Thread starter DeletedUser2688
  • Start date

DeletedUser2688

I'm very disturbed by the population boost gained from the Halloween reward. 3500 is a huge gain in population. The whole point of the game is gradual development and juggling which is a priority, goods vs culture vs population. This bonus is very destabilising as it is far beyond the population available from any comparable boost. It will also make it unfair for future players. You've recently revised other population available (from the level 21 houses) and rightly made it a bit bigger, I would urge you to revise this one downwards

DeletedUser363

Development is gradual, having more available population doesn't make you progress on the tech tree faster, it just means you can upgrade your buildings (and build others) within the constraints if the level of the game you are at. Also the amount of the population you gain varies according to where you are on the tech tree. If you don't want to gain the pop you don't build the Scream of Halloween Building. There will be more events as the year and people progress, so it's not fair on anyone in my opinion

DeletedUser

I'm very disturbed by the population boost gained from the Halloween reward. 3500 is a huge gain in population. The whole point of the game is gradual development and juggling which is a priority, goods vs culture vs population. This bonus is very destabilising as it is far beyond the population available from any comparable boost. It will also make it unfair for future players. You've recently revised other population available (from the level 21 houses) and rightly made it a bit bigger, I would urge you to revise this one downwards

Mine is 560 pop reward, which came in very handy as I started just as fighting was kinda a none starter from beginning, I'm still in the process of planning my route, even though an apparent player called Sparkling Susan very close to me has had an upgrade on her level 1 res building for over 2 days, ive heard of the housing crisis, but 2 days plus on level 2 is a bit suspect o_O

DeletedUser363

Sparkling Susan very close to me has had an upgrade on her level 1 res building for over 2 days, ive heard of the housing crisis, but 2 days plus on level 2 is a bit suspect
She hasn't logged into the game then since putting the building to upgrade. It could be she is busy, and when she re-logs in the building will complete, or if she has left it will be sat trying to build forever:confused:

DeletedUser

She hasn't logged into the game then since putting the building to upgrade. It could be she is busy, and when she re-logs in the building will complete, or if she has left it will be sat trying to build forever:confused:
but even if she has not logged on isn't a res an auto process, unlike manufacture where you have to re -engage ? If i'm wrong why does a res building upon completion auto gain taxes please ?

DeletedUser363

When you put a building to upgrade it always upgrades for you visually because you log back in, but you will find a lot of villages that are not active and have buildings not showing that the upgrades have completed because the player hasn't logged in, it's a quirk of the game. When you log in and your res completion time was a few hours earlier you get the coins showing that it has earned since the upgrade completed, but if you didn't log in everyone would see the unfinished building every day until you returned to the game.

DeletedUser

Would be useful to me then if people are quitting to do an upgrade, instead of logging on constantly to 1/8 return buffs in my area. i'm about to start tournaments, not sure how this will effect me . Thanks for response

DeletedUser

Ahhh is that why when i have asked for culture, and helpers bless my MH are they seeing a cache of my last refresh, so it looks to them like im full on culture hits?
]

When you put a building to upgrade it always upgrades for you visually because you log back in, but you will find a lot of villages that are not active and have buildings not showing that the upgrades have completed because the player hasn't logged in, it's a quirk of the game. When you log in and your res completion time was a few hours earlier you get the coins showing that it has earned since the upgrade completed, but if you didn't log in everyone would see the unfinished building every day until you returned to the game.

DeletedUser363

I'm not sure how long the polishing of culture buildings lasts as I never take much notice of my own culture, but once someone has polished a culture building it cannot be polished by anyone else until the first polish has ended. So, when the fs or neighbours visit only a few can polish your culture. The Builders Hut can only be polished the number of times equal to the number of builders you have, and then only re polished when you have used the builders. That means, for most people, the only thing to polish is your Main Hall. You have 6 Culture buildings, and are in a full fellowship, so even if no neighbours visit, it you have 2 Builders and 6 culture only 8 can polish something other than the Main Hall, leaving 16 in the fs to polish your MH.
Hope this helps;)

DeletedUser219

Ahhh is that why when i have asked for culture, and helpers bless my MH are they seeing a cache of my last refresh, so it looks to them like im full on culture hits?
]
Most of the people who donate Coin to your MH are just too bloody lazy to find something useful to do.
@Tikococo A polish lasts 8 hours, longer with a certain Wonder.

DeletedUser363

A polish lasts 8 hours, longer with a certain Wonder.
Thanks...I'm not bothered about culture as long as I have enough to upgrade or build, so always ignore it unless people ask for it polishing ;)

Most of the people who donate Coin to your MH are just too bloody lazy to find something useful to do

I disagree, when you don't have enough culture for everyone to polish they have to polish other buildings. Most people won't see you want culture polishing then, because it has all been polished, think...oh I'll come back in a few hours and check again..they polish what is available, at least that way you still get some help.
It makes me laugh though when people ignore my request for the MH polishing and polish culture at the other end of the village....a lot harder work for them:p

BekBel

Adventurer
Thanks...I'm not bothered about culture as long as I have enough to upgrade or build, so always ignore it unless people ask for it polishing ;)

I disagree, when you don't have enough culture for everyone to polish they have to polish other buildings. Most people won't see you want culture polishing then, because it has all been polished, think...oh I'll come back in a few hours and check again..they polish what is available, at least that way you still get some help.
It makes me laugh though when people ignore my request for the MH polishing and polish culture at the other end of the village....a lot harder work for them:p
You get into a groove with visits, or I do anyway. Most people ask for culture, and generally people who ask for nothing it's suggested to polish their culture buildings. Once you start a big run of visits you get into the groove of looking for the best culture building and polishing those, so you sometimes forget to even check the city name. I usually notice 2 seconds after I polish that I did the wrong one haha.

DeletedUser363

generally people who ask for nothing it's suggested to polish their culture buildings.
In the 18 months I've been playing Elvenar I've never heard it suggested that if people don't state a preference polish the culture, I know a lot that don't state a preference because they couldn't care less about about what is polished...so why polish culture? If you give them more coins they can use them to progress further than polishing culture.
Yes, we all slip up on what we polish at times, I have a neighbour that complained to me I didn't polish their culture, they only have 2 culture buildings.....which are never available to polish when I visit...in that case you get whatever is available polished (I have suggested they build more Culture buildings :p);)

BekBel

Adventurer
In the 18 months I've been playing Elvenar I've never heard it suggested that if people don't state a preference polish the culture, I know a lot that don't state a preference because they couldn't care less about about what is polished...so why polish culture? If you give them more coins they can use them to progress further than polishing culture.
Yes, we all slip up on what we polish at times, I have a neighbour that complained to me I didn't polish their culture, they only have 2 culture buildings.....which are never available to polish when I visit...in that case you get whatever is available polished (I have suggested they build more Culture buildings :p);)
I see it occasionally on the various forums (I read the beta and US ones too sometimes when I'm bored), and on an Elvenar facebook group. Simply because it can help with coins and supplies it is the one people think is best to polish, MH is only coins which culture will help with anyway and builder can't be used if you have no room to upgrade or build. Personally, I ask for builder help and don't get the "no room" reason for it not being the one to choose. Sure, if you can't build right now it doesn't help you, but those boosts will stay there until you need them and people can't polish the builder until you empty a boost slot, so it doesn't go to waste like an 8hour culture polish might while you sleep.

DeletedUser363

The Culture only helps if the person is near a boost level, and just because some people put it as their view to polish it it isn't always the correct thing for everyone.
A much easier way to get higher supplies is cast a spell (now we have them), you get the boost when you want it and can benefit from it, then get more coins from visits and MH polishing. The Builder is a good one as the help sits till you need it.
Anyway, everyone can play their own way......within the constantly changing parameters the dev's throw at us ;)

BekBel

Adventurer
The Culture only helps if the person is near a boost level, and just because some people put it as their view to polish it it isn't always the correct thing for everyone.
A much easier way to get higher supplies is cast a spell (now we have them), you get the boost when you want it and can benefit from it, then get more coins from visits and MH polishing. The Builder is a good one as the help sits till you need it.
Anyway, everyone can play their own way......within the constantly changing parameters the dev's throw at us ;)
Completely agree, culture polish is the most useless if you haven't enough culture to reach that first sun- and even the EE spell doesn't work until you reach the first sun. I don't know about PoP spells though, no one has them do they? It's not like we make a million during every event or anything haha :p