• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Halfling end quest bug: Spring Grove not checked when already sold

Valnad

Spellcaster
As the title says, when you receive the quest "It's time to say goodbye!" with a reward of 200 diamonds, you need to sell your Spring Grove.

Problem is that I have already gotten rid of it before this quest popped up, and now it seems as if the game forces me to rebuild it. With >19 hours build time, and 2m gold price tag, I'm not very keen on doing that.

elvenar-halfling-quest-bug.PNG

Solution:

Make the quest check for Spring Grove, if it's not in the city, flag that marker as checked.

DeletedUser4528

The Quest is to sell the Spring Grove, not to have already sold it, so if you chose to complete this then you do need to rebuild it .

Valnad

Spellcaster
The Quest is to sell the Spring Grove, not to have already sold it, so if you chose to complete this then you do need to rebuild it .

We were told that these type of quests would be replaced, and there was none in the Sorcerer chapter than I can recall?

This is just a bad design, can't even be debated. Especially with such a large building. The second you don't need chunky guest buildings, any player's first thought would be to get rid of them.

I guess I will simply have to ignore this quest until it is resolved in a future update.

DeletedUser4528

I guess I will simply have to ignore this quest until it is resolved in a future update.

I appreciate your frustrations as some quests can seem to take you sideways , or indeed backwards. But that is the nature of the journey.
There are no plans that I know of to change this, as there is nothing to resolve.

Deleted User - 106219

Or the devs could show some common sense and change the requirement to "Have no Spring Grove". This way people who have already sold the Spring Grove won't have to rebuild it just to complete the quest.

Valnad

Spellcaster
I appreciate your frustrations as some quests can seem to take you sideways, or indeed backwards. But that is the nature of the journey.
There are no plans that I know of to change this, as there is nothing to resolve.

Oh, but there is. And I was not so much frustrated before, as I am now, after what I feel to be ignorant replies to this thread. If we players are not to report design flaws, then why do we even have a bug forum to begin with? When the automatic response is that "there is no problem", all the while admitting that there is in fact cause for frustration for the players, I beg to differ in regards to the conclusion that there is nothing to resolve.

In fact, this is a ridiculous flaw in the code and one that would easily be resolved...

Or the devs could show some common sense and change the requirement to "Have no Spring Grove". This way people who have already sold the Spring Grove won't have to rebuild it just to complete the quest.

... for example by listening to shadowblack's alternative solution.

Why punish the players when there is no need for it? Why antagonise players just because you can? Or is it simply so that the coders are unable to make it work in any other way? I would accept such a shortcoming, as that would at least be an honest answer.

DeletedUser4528

Oh, but there is. And I was not so much frustrated before, as I am now, after what I feel to be ignorant replies to this thread. If we players are not to report design flaws, then why do we even have a bug forum to begin with? When the automatic response is that "there is no problem", all the while admitting that there is in fact cause for frustration for the players, I beg to differ in regards to the conclusion that there is nothing to resolve.

In fact, this is a ridiculous flaw in the code and one that would easily be resolved...

... for example by listening to shadowblack's alternative solution.

Why punish the players when there is no need for it? Why antagonise players just because you can? Or is it simply so that the coders are unable to make it work in any other way? I would accept such a shortcoming, as that would at least be an honest answer.

There is no flaw, as the programme is operating precisely as it should do with regards to this quest. And while you may find it awkward, inconvenient, or even down right crazy, any amount of opinion does not change this fact.

Maybe then, a more structured approach would be to raise the matter as a suggestion, giving your thoughts and opinions on why changing this quest would enhance the game overall.

There is no punishment for anyone. The quests are set, and if you wish to complete then, you can do by following the instruction given. If you chose not to, that is fine too. You have the choice.

Valnad

Spellcaster
There is no flaw, as the programme is operating precisely as it should do with regards to this quest. And while you may find it awkward, inconvenient, or even down right crazy, any amount of opinion does not change this fact.

Maybe then, a more structured approach would be to raise the matter as a suggestion, giving your thoughts and opinions on why changing this quest would enhance the game overall.

There is no punishment for anyone. The quests are set, and if you wish to complete then, you can do by following the instruction given. If you chose not to, that is fine too. You have the choice.

This is quite possibly the least likely type of reply I could ever have anticipated to get.

Be that as it may, I shall take your advice and move this bug report over to the suggestion area, where I expect it to be met with the same delightful response. Afterall, who am I as a mere alpha-test old Elvenar player to decide what is a flawed design? Clearly, I have been dabbling in matters that are far too complex for my simple and unstructured mind to comprehend.

My thanks for addressing the issue so swiftly, and giving me up-lifting advice on how to proceed. I wish you a joyful weekend.