• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Greetings and Felicitations!

DeletedUser3097

Seems like fun, tricky tho

Welcome to the forum @Lord Morham,

A good idea is to join a fellowship so you have people to ask for advice. Alternatively, post in the Questions and Help part of this forum. There's always people willing to help.

What have you found to be the trickiest part so far? :)

DeletedUser4479

On the world map.....all the new provinces are "Very Hard" one's. Bit of a pain. I'm slowly navigating them with negotiation. I have however, recently been able to increase my squad size. Soon they shall answer for their insolence.
Your servant Ma'am,
Morham

DeletedUser3097

It's important not to over-explore the world map as you will meet a huge number of 'very hard' provinces. If you look on your Research Tree, scroll along to the end of your current chapter and look at the treasure chest you can see the number of provinces advised. In my case it is 25.

provinces.png

Once you have opened the chest, you complete research called Advanced Scouts (you can just see it underneath the chest in the screenie). This research 'reduces your scouting costs significantly. Lower scouting costs reduce negotiation costs and enemy army sizes'. This only applies to unopened provinces. So if you have opened a lot of extra ones early, you can't reduce their costs.

Advanced Scouts research appears at the start of each chapter.​

I hope this will help in your battle against the insurgent masses! :p

DeletedUser4479

M'lady, your advice in this matter has been greatly appreciated. It will be shared with those in my fellowship. That is if anyone joins. So far my messengers have not received any answers from neighboring provinces. Perhaps I may have to have a word with my scribes.
your Servant,
..............Morham

DeletedUser5200

Do I need to have completed all of the research in Chapter I before I can activate "Advanced Scouts" and open the chest in Chapter II, even though I have satisfied all of the criteria for "Advanced Scouts"?

DeletedUser3097

Do I need to have completed all of the research in Chapter I before I can activate "Advanced Scouts" and open the chest in Chapter II, even though I have satisfied all of the criteria for "Advanced Scouts"?
Yes, all the research needs to be complete.