• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

"Good amounts"

Sir Derf

Adept
Looking for a hopefully already pre-made list of either amounts or formulas to calculate amounts of what constitutes a "Good Amount", "Large Amount", etc. of T1 goods, Coins, Troops, Supplies, etc.

cwgiii

Shaman
At one time, this was broken down on Elvengems, by chapter of the player. IMHO, it was very helpful.

I don't know why they stopped, unless they were not getting the needed data from what ever source(s) they were using.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I have a feeling that number differs from city to city, even if they are in the same chapter ..
Interesting point - and now I wish that I'd recorded the precise amounts of Goods, Supplies, Coins, and Troops the Event has so far required during the first part of the Quest List. Unfortunately, though, I completely forgot to do so, in my hurry to get the first part of the Quests 'out of the way' as fast as possible (as I always do during Events which feature an initial 'block' of Quests followed by single Daily Quests), and now I'm at the point of waiting for each Daily Quest to arrive, so any data I can now record will accrue slowly. Even so, I'll try to remember to keep a record of the amount of Resources each (relevant) Daily Quest requires, and if anyone else feels like doing the same, perhaps we will be able to 'crowdsource' the answer to this question (after the Event, obviously, to avoid spoilers) - or even if not, I will at least be able to compare my own results from this Event with the next, and so on.

If nothing else, this would also be a good way to discover whether my impression, over the course of the past few months, that Events are asking for increasing (in real terms) amounts of Resources (both per-Quest amounts - especially with most Quests having two component parts - and per-Event aggregate totals) is actually correct, or is just a product of my own confirmation bias and/or factors such as spending less time in-game, for example.

And as I believe I've said before: no, I don't have anything better to do... :D

Pauly7

Magus
I could be proved wrong, but I'm fairly sure that everyone within a given chapter has to give the exact same amount of goods.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I have a feeling that number differs from city to city, even if they are in the same chapter ...
I have a feeling that they don't...
Interesting point - and now I wish that I'd recorded the precise amounts (...)
I could be proved wrong, but I'm fairly sure that everyone within a given chapter has to give the exact same amount of goods.
I have two cities in chapter 16, one on EN1 and one on US3, so it was easy for me to check.
Here are two screenshots, one from my EN city where quest 51 requires a good amount of goods, and one from my US city where quest 24 requires a good amount of goods, both of them asking for 95K. So it doesn't differ per city in the same chapter. It doesn't even matter what quest you're on, nor does it differ per server (if that was ever in question). It isn't even influenced by race, as my EN city hosts Elves and my US city Humans. Hope that solves the issue of the differing feelings ;)
EN1: 2020-10-26_10-38-55.jpg US3: 2020-10-26_10-43-55.jpg

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Ok nevermind, I have confirmed nothing with my above post. I just got to a new quest on EN server, asking again for a 'good amount of goods', but now it suddenly requires 159K...? I am very confused right now...
2020-10-26_12-05-06.jpg
Can anyone else shed some light on this? I really thought I had it figured out, but apparently there's more to it... :confused:

MinervaOz

Enchanter
It does vary by quest. I haven't been keeping track but in my Elementals city quest 34 was 30-something-k (sorry I didn't write down the exact amount), quest 36 is 51k.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I knew it varied per quest, but in previous events I think the wording then also used to vary (good amount, large amount, tiny amount, fair amount, big amount, huge amount), and that used to have some logic to it. Now it all just seems to be called 'good amount' and the required amounts seem to be rather random.
Quest 56 now requires a 'good amount' of 127K, so really there's no rhyme nor reason to it, it seems...
The 95K I saw at the same time in both my cities was pure coincidence.

Gargon667

Mentor
I thought the amount goes up every time you get the same wording.

Why elven gems doesn´t post a list:
A: it´s a lot of work and they are not as active over there as they used to be, I think.
B: it would be too many dimensions for a spreadsheet, they would need to use a database, which then noone with basic PC knowledge would be able to understand/query. or they could post a whole bunch of different spreadsheets, again nobody would understand what is what...

Sir Derf

Adept
Given the feedback, it would seem that "Good amount" is less a specific amount, but a range. That's assuming there is logic to the tiny-fair-good-large-big labels...

Deleted User - 1759805

It certainly used to, but it seems like the current pattern is just to call each of them "a good amount", but still vary the amounts asked for.
I am pretty sure that there are still the same discrete amounts as before, they just haven't updated quest text and copy/pasted "good" everywhere. The amounts for the same quest number are still the same for everyone in the same chapter.