• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived games freezes when going from city to world

DeletedUser1362

I have been having troubles for some time with this happening, going from my city to the world to battle or visit other cities. I am now strongly thinking about deleting all games as I cannot do quests etc. please could someone tell me if this problem is just me or a known bug

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1316

Hi Doversole -

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble playing Elvenar. If you could, can you please edit your original post and include the bug reporting format found here in your post?

If you haven't already, please also try refreshing your browser and clearing your cache and let me know if that helps any.

Have you tried a different browser than the one you normally play the game on to see if the issue still lingers?

DeletedUser417

Game version: 0.33.3129-v0.33.2-(master) (2016-01-20 10:53)
Game world: Arendyll and Winyandor
Browser + version: Edge 25.10586.0.0
Flash Player version: 20,0,0,272
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 1511
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Narquelion
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5

Since this week's update I need twice the time I was needing to do my provence round (visiting neighbors). Going into a city is no problem, going out, back to the map, takes way more loading time. It looks like it's freezing but after 5 to 10 seconds it's loading. I clear my cache before I start.

2016-01-21 20.45000754.jpg

DeletedUser1316

Hi Narquelion -

Thank you for addressing that you are encountering this issue. I just tested on Edge for a little over twenty neighborly helps from the world map, I didn't notice any bad lagging.

Do you usually only experience this when switching from the city view to world map and repeat for neighborly helps?

Do you have the option to try a different browser (Chrome)? If so, could you try that browser and see if you still get the same issue next time you are doing neighborly help?

Appreciate your time!

DeletedUser289

Last couple of days I've been noticing a VERY annoying but intermittent problem. When visiting fellow members, about half of the time that I go to the fellowship screen, then the member list to visit the next member, the member list simply doesn't load. At other times it loads after a delay, or loads right away as usual. When it doesn't load, I have no option but to close and repeat until it works. Is anyone else getting this?

DeletedUser417

Do you usually only experience this when switching from the city view to world map and repeat for neighborly helps?

Yes, just then. Since yesterday.

Do you have the option to try a different browser (Chrome)? If so, could you try that browser and see if you still get the same issue next time you are doing neighborly help?

Was planning to do that tomorrow to see a if there's any difference. But over all I prefer Edge so would like it to work in Edge just as it did before ;)

DeletedUser1316

Last couple of days I've been noticing a VERY annoying but intermittent problem. When visiting fellow members, about half of the time that I go to the fellowship screen, then the member list to visit the next member, the member list simply doesn't load. At other times it loads after a delay, or loads right away as usual. When it doesn't load, I have no option but to close and repeat until it works. Is anyone else getting this?

Hi quicksilver -

What browser and flash player version are you using?

How frequent would you say this happens?

DeletedUser815

Hello Everyone,

There has been a hotfix implemented this morning that improved some issues with lag when doing Neighborhood Help that arose with the release of v0.33. If anyone still experiences lots of lag when doing NH, then please let us know with as much details as possible as to when and where exactly.

DeletedUser417

Aider, I've done my round in Chrome now and not one lag, not one freeze, even without first clearing cache! So it seems to be an Edge problem?

Deleted User - 13667

World map does not load all the time. Screen freezes. More bugs as usual with each new update.

Perhaps you can set the hardware acceleration to OFF in your own flash player setting to see if things work out.

Attachments

• off.JPG
    off.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

Nope. Im using Firefox.

Loading works fine after disabling the hardware acceleration. This feature has never quite work for me here since I started last aug. But it does get irritating as I have failed to note that I should have spent a bit more on exploring to get the next expansion. :( Now Extra time is needed...

DeletedUser1316

So, I take it most of the lag issues are occurring on Edge and Firefox? It seemed to run smoothly while running Chrome, correct?

DeletedUser417

Correct, but today I tried again in Edge, didn't even clear cache first, all went just fine. It's intermittent. Will see what will happen tomorrow.

DeletedUser1316

Okay, great! As I haven't been able to get this to reproduce on Firefox or Edge myself, I will mark it as not able to reproduce. If you do get it reproduced again, please reply to this thread.

Thanks for your help!

DeletedUser1316

Hi capitao.cesar -

If you can, please edit your post with the bug reporting format and I will re-open this bug. How often does it occur?