• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Game Mechanics?

John of Enar

Adventurer
Is there a publication of game mechanics. As an example, it would be nice to have an idea of how many goods are required through all levels of a tournament. Or how battle mechanics work and can be optimised. I can come into an automated battle with a set number of troops and star advantages and win but if i use the same number and star advantages with another troop there is a costly defeat. It never makes sense when that happens, it is not logical. Also, combining a multiple attack with troops almost always fails. However, narrow it down to a set of two types of troops and you're good. It seems like Treants are highly favoured in automated battles.

Anyway, it would be helpful if INNO published the game mechanics so that players can better calculate outcomes in tournaments and other areas of game play. Is there a publication of such? I go through the blogs available in the game and here on the forum, and a search on the internet doesn't bring up any information. It could be pilot error and so i am asking folks here. If the math was known then one can eliminate costly mistakes and better prepare their game strategies.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think Inno is going to be keen to do that because they want people to figure stuff out for themselves. Also it's difficult to create a formula for success that works for every person or every situation or every stage in the game.

Some sites, like Elven Gems, do provide 'advice' on tournament fighting, but it is quite general and I find I disagree with them more than I agree. There are also some players who do some amazing work providing information or going into the minutiae of calculations for certain game mechanics. It may be well worth having a look at @MinMax Gamer's own site (I can't remember the link). There is also the Platinum Leaf Facebook page that @JackLuyt runs.

DeletedUser3571

Agree with Pauly that Inno wont just give that information out.
The main reason you get different result in battle will be the terrain will be different, sometimes the terrain can make a fight nearly impossible to win (especially if you are using melee types).
With the using different types of troops in one battle, the losses mostly come down to the autofight intelligence not knowing how to use the units. from memory it will send them all after 1 unit and not always after the unit each is best against. It also does not know when to hold back at the beginning to let the enemy get closer to you.

Gargon667

Mentor
The information is out there, you just have to find it, nothing official from Inno so far and most likely never. But if you spend the time to read you will find what you need and the rest is just experience.
Pauly gave you a great starting point where to look :) The only thing I could add is Crazy Wizards page. I don´t think he still updates it, but he had some things on there presented in a way that I liked better than other resources.