• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features "FRIENDS"

DeletedUser4240

I am apologize if I missed something, but why we have no option to have "friends"?If I want to leave my FS, I am loosing every possibility to get neighbor help or for trade,because I am in inactive neighborhood. The institution of "friend" would solve this problem.I saw this feature in early stages of FoE, so I guess it is not such a big problem.

Pauly7

Magus
So would a "friend" be someone able to give you neighbourly help and trade with? If so I don't think the devs will go for that because they like to limit it to 25.

Or is it just as a means to keep in touch with certain players? You can still do this, of course, by making a note of the names. Not ideal, but not much about the Elvenar messaging system is ideal.

DeletedUser4240

I don't like to talk about other games but it is another INNO game - FoE
With " friends" , you can give and receive polishing, although I am not sure how it was with trading.The idea is that you can survive in inactive neighborhood, without FS

DeletedUser4240

....technical details are irrelevant and I do not understand them or want to understand.In FoE you could have a number of "friends"(10-20) independent of whether you are in FS or not. I was in situation, in en.3 that I could not play any more because there were NO active players. With time ,it was better, but I still couldn't play and have a progress.I joined a FS.
Just let solo players the same chance.What problem the devs see in it?

Pauly7

Magus
I like the idea, and it can easily be limited to say, 10 players. I'd like to keep in better contact with friends I have picked up along the way in other FSes.
I like it in that respect, though this would just be (for the sake of convenience) Inno developing the system so you could keep "friends" in the Facebook sense.
Just let solo players the same chance.What problem the devs see in it?
Their response to that would be (and probably mine too) - Join a fellowship. I think there of plenty of relaxed groups out there that don't demand too much, if that is the worry.

DeletedUser4240

No, this isn't worry .I am now in such, relaxed FS. After months of playing alone, I felt too lonely and didn't have no one to talk to...and to trade to.....but it would be nice to have this option.Now ,if you are in inactive neighborhood,there is no posibility to play.
You are "forced"to join a FS. That worries me . Thank you for answering me. It was just a thought....

DeletedUser5093

I like the idea of having a list of friends where it doesn't matter what fellowship everyone is in. Even if it didn't offer any real benefits such as neighbourly help or discounted trades or a chat room, it would still be a convenient way to keep track of and stay in touch with people you've befriended regardless of fellowship or place on the world map, and could also be used to keep track of which of your neighbours are active. Once you get a lot of neighbours visiting all of them is impractical (at least on PC), so it's a common practice just to limit it to the active ones who return neighbourly help.

The friend list could look a bit like the member list of fellowships, with buttons for messaging them, visiting their cities, or giving neighbourly help (greyed out if you haven't discovered them on the map yet).

DeletedUser4190

I really like the idea of being able to have a list to keep track of the active players nearby. Would make having so many inactive players nearby less painful. I don't want to visit inactive players if I am not desperate for coin but I do want to help out the active ones who help in trades and what ever visit they do. Trying to remember them all and finding them on the map is a pain.

So a simple list to be able to travel to certain active players/friends that have been discovered by your or they you. No bonus, cap it if that is a need for balance, really just a contact list.

cwgiii

Shaman
I really like the idea of being able to have a list to keep track of the active players nearby. Would make having so many inactive players nearby less painful. I don't want to visit inactive players if I am not desperate for coin but I do want to help out the active ones who help in trades and what ever visit they do. Trying to remember them all and finding them on the map is a pain.

I like the idea of a "friends list" but the particular functionality described above already exists. You can go into the notifications listing and see the "golden hands" for folks that you can re-help (both on the PC and mobile versions). This is a much quicker way than hunting for them in your discovered provinces.

I think the "friends list" might be more for folks that are not in your discovered area (Like for previous fellows that you wish to keep in touch with, or real life friends that you discover are in game, or folks that you help AWs with for particular runes, etc.).

DeletedUser4190

But that is capped and the trades can push the golden hands off and you never know if they helped you or not.

cwgiii

Shaman
This is true. I have discovered almost 400 provinces that I help daily and I can go back in my list for at least 5 days. I have never had this problem. I guess I am in a particularly abandoned area of the map. Long before the "Golden Hands" became available, I started keeping a record of who helped and who did not, who traded, donated KPs to AWs, etc. just for my own benefit. So, I have never actually needed the notifications listing, but it is nice to have.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5093

The particular functionality described above already exists. You can go into the notifications listing and see the "golden hands" for folks that you can re-help (both on the PC and mobile versions). This is a much quicker way than hunting for them in your discovered provinces.

This has a much more limited functionality than the suggested feature, as it only shows a limited amount of people who have returned neighbourly help recently. I still want to be able to help the active players near me who perhaps haven't yet discovered me on the map (and therefore can't return help yet). There's also the issue of trades filling up enough notifications so that anyone who hasn't visited in a day or two gets pushed off the list.

DeletedUser4240

Can't you see why I would like to have "friends", or however you want to name it.?Because it is a slavery to be in one FS in which you do not fit in, but you have no options, if you want to continue with the game.
With another category of interaction we could avoid many misunderstandings; language,age,mentality,activity..............We are not all from UK or English speaking countries,we are not all in high schools, and waiting on our cell phones to see if something is happening, and we are not all prepared to tolerate all the craps we have in our FS. If we would have someone to lean on and to trade to, the bad things in FS could be avoid.We would have a friends(which you not can always find in FS)
Everything is good when you find a proper FS, but this is an exeption,not the rule.
I just want to have an option to choose the players I want to play with.
And not to be online 24/7.
Am I asking too much?

DeletedUser4240

Thank you Lelanya,I didn't want to sound so serious , disappointed,desperate. I was just irritated with situation I was in at the moment. FA are a good test for every FS :)

This prompted me to again initiate the question of the institution of "friends".

It is not hard to find a new FS when you have score over, let's say , 50K, but I am thinking about those players(among which I was in one of the worlds) who start new city,try to do something, but the neighborhood is inactive.You have a problem on every step.And it lasts for months.

You can join FS.You can found your own FS if you have enough time, energy and experience in the game,you can leave and you can start 5 more cities and play alone with yourself all day and night, as a“One-man Fellowship „

For me, options are:to join a FS or to leave.

But with friends you can play and reach the level when you can choose how you will go on.Friends, would not exclude membership in a FS.

Maybe the other solution is that Elvenar team give us a possibility to choose empty place on the Map for our cities.

Respect to you and to your Fellowship