• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Communication Friend list

DeletedUser5093

This is inspired by another suggestion here, but it was sufficiently different that I felt it deserved its own thread to discuss its pros and cons, instead of hijacking someone else's thread, or getting buried in the comments.

My suggestion is for a friend list that we can add other players to, and would just serve as a convenient portal to easily find or contact certain other players, regardless of the fellowship they are in or their position on the world map. It would not offer any real benefits, in the way that a fellowship does, and would just be a list of player names with buttons to message them, visit their cities, or give neighbourly help (greyed out if player is not discovered on the world map). The interface could look a bit like the member list of fellowships. Maybe it could also record a player's score, or have a section where you can add small notes or tags, or perhaps have the ability to order the list by things like name, score or tag.

People would likely use this portal for things like staying in touch with the friends they've made through the game who aren't in their fellowship, keeping track of people upgrading wonders that they wish to contribute to, and keeping track of their active neighbours (visiting all neighbours is sometimes impractical, so a common alternative is to instead just visit the active ones who return neighbourly help). Because this is effectively just a list of bookmarks there would be no need for a player to accept a 'friend request', as is the case in other games/sites that have a 'friend' system. Since it's also just a convenience thing that doesn't offer any real benefits, there shouldn't be any cap on the amount of 'friends' you can have, unlike fellowships which are limited to 25 players. Or if there was a cap, it should be something very large, like 100.