• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forum Archive - iDavis Community Knowledge

SkyRider99

Immortal
It appears that iDavis has commenced data collection for a read-only archive of selected forum postings. It looks like it could be helpful for when Inno shuts down the Forum here. Of course it will only contain items that players have linked to the iDavis site. But that is better than losing everything I think.

https://idavis-elvenar.com/community-knowledge.html?loc=en#

'I'm introducing to you the Community Knowledge - an archive of all the information from the forums that is either important, interesting or considered nostalgic by you or the community!'

More information obtainable by clicking on the 'What is this?' link on the iDavis Community Knowledge page.

1698884706011.png

Attachments

• 1698884674847.png
    1698884674847.png
    271 bytes · Views: 25

Gavranokt

Dreamer
It appears that iDavis has commenced data collection for a read-only archive...
To me personally, this is more an act of defeat than reaching our goals. Because in a way, it aids InnoGames (or whoever owns the game) in their action to shut down the forum. Now they can use this, no matter how much we preserve by it, as an additional argument and reafirmation of their intentions to see their plans through.
In example: The community didn't loose the knowledge and memories. Now, they are right there on the iDavies site etc. etc., so there is 0 reasons for us to keep the forum -as the community asked- anymore.
On the other hand, if we have no influence in any of their business, with other words, we are completely powerless and the forum would get shut down no matter what, better to save something than see it all gone. It sucks in any case. I guess for us it's a loose-loose situation.
I have no alternative, no suggestion, so the only thing I can do (at least at the moment) is to comment my reflections of all this and observe how the situation develops.
Will think if something else can be done though. Not giving up yet

P.S. SAVE THE FORUM! | tiny.cc/savetheforum

C-Nymph

Necromancer
To me personally, this is more an act of defeat than reaching our goals. Because in a way, it aids InnoGames (or whoever owns the game) in their action to shut down the forum. Now they can use this, no matter how much we preserve by it, as an additional argument and reafirmation of their intentions to see their plans through.
In example: The community didn't loose the knowledge and memories. Now, they are right there on the iDavies site etc. etc., so there is 0 reasons for us to keep the forum -as the community asked- anymore.
On the other hand, if we have no influence in any of their business, with other words, we are completely powerless and the forum would get shut down no matter what, better to save something than see it all gone. It sucks in any case. I guess for us it's a loose-loose situation.
I have no alternative, no suggestion, so the only thing I can do (at least at the moment) is to comment my reflections of all this and observe how the situation develops.
Will think if something else can be done though. Not giving up yet

P.S. SAVE THE FORUM! | tiny.cc/savetheforum
If I recall correctly, iDavis also gets paid by Inno for making videos for the official Elvenar YouTube channel. You never know, they might have even given him some compensation as well for expanding his website with this Community Knowledge section..?

If all is said and done then I very much appreciate iDavis’ efforts to save some of the knowledge, but I don’t want to give up hope for the forum either just yet…

SkyRider99

Immortal
Unfortunately it appears that iDavis has had to terminate the Community Knowledge project.

1699576544642.png

At least he tried. One can only imagine the security issues that developed. There are twisted and warped things happening in the world currently.