• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forum archive - Community Knowledge

Hekata

Artisan
While we are still hoping, and posting and petitioning to save the forums, or at least some forums or at least this one!! there is a very nice initiative from the well known beta player I-Davis who runs the very useful I-Davis website we all like to use for events and Fellowship adventures :)
Basically, he's planing to transfer the most valuable posts and topics form all forums to his site, thus saving the accumulated knowledge from being lost forever in case the forums do close (although Beta does seem doomed currently :(.) He's asking players form all forums to send him links to the post/topics they deem to be worth saving.
Here's his full post from the Beta forum:

Hello. 2 weeks ago I announced on Discord my current stance on the upcoming Community Forums closure and what impact this change will have on the future of my website. The main point was to outline that the closing of the forums has no impact on the development of my site, and I also mentioned that I was actively working on a new feature that will in part allow us to replace the loss of useful information that will occur with the announced closure of the Community Forums.

As of today, this functionality is largely ready and I would like to introduce it to you. Its first phase is a community process, which is launched today and will last until the closure happens at the end of this year!

..:: Community Knowledge ::..

The newest section of my website is now available - Community Knowledge. This section is the forum archive, which currently contains a sample of several topics taken from various Forums of this game. Its design is very similar to the one we are used to, and it contains several topics that have been created in the past (the content of which was collected by an automated script I created for this purpose).

The current sample allows you to see the intended look of the Community Knowledge page. The first phase of this project - data collection - is currently underway. I have created a form in which players from different communities can share links to topics or sections from their forums that they find either interesting, important to future players, or simply bring back nostalgic memories of their time spent on the forums. Once this phase is complete, I will process the links I receive and generate the individual topics and sections right on the site. With this content, it will be possible to return to your favorite topics at any time, even after the game forums are permanently closed!

The deadline for the data collection phase is December 12th, 2023. After that, I'll leave myself time to process the data I've collected and post it on my website towards the end of the year.

If you are more interested in this functionality, I recommend you visit the Community Knowledge page, where you can find the button "What is this?", which contains more useful information about this whole process.

I strongly believe that as many of you as possible will join in the process and use the form attached above to bring as many topics as possible to create a representative sample of useful and interesting information from our Community Forums!

I look forward to working with you on this project, and hope that we can build a rich replica of interesting information from years of our gaming experience.

Thank you for sharing this project with other players.