• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Floral Awakening

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Floral Awakening Event.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Stucon

Illusionist
In the final paragraph it talks of the event ending in mid June.
I am assuming this is an error and it should be July.
Either that or someone rearranged the calendar and didn't tell me!

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This might help mate ....

View attachment 7533

I'd lend you mine, but it's in the shop getting a tune-up. :)

With powers capable of changing the very fabrics of the Elvenverse, the dates in the Announcement are fixed. Please, turn off any singularity, time machines, or warp drives: time is linear and boring again! :cool:

SkyRider99

Immortal
I remember getting in to that tomorrow ;)
I couldn't resist a quote from one of my favourite authors, the late Douglas Adams:

“One of the major problems encountered in time travel is not that of becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem in becoming your own father or mother that a broad-minded and well-adjusted family can't cope with. There is no problem with changing the course of history—the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw. All the important changes have happened before the things they were supposed to change and it all sorts itself out in the end.

The major problem is simply one of grammar, and the main work to consult in this matter is Dr. Dan Streetmentioner's Time Traveler's Handbook of 1001 Tense Formations. It will tell you, for instance, how to describe something that was about to happen to you in the past before you avoided it by time-jumping forward two days in order to avoid it. The event will be descibed differently according to whether you are talking about it from the standpoint of your own natural time, from a time in the further future, or a time in the further past and is futher complicated by the possibility of conducting conversations while you are actually traveling from one time to another with the intention of becoming your own mother or father.

Most readers get as far as the Future Semiconditionally Modified Subinverted Plagal Past Subjunctive Intentional before giving up; and in fact in later aditions of the book all pages beyond this point have been left blank to save on printing costs.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy skips lightly over this tangle of academic abstraction, pausing only to note that the term "Future Perfect" has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be.”

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

1687395836244.png

C-Nymph

Necromancer
To get back on topic; I see that this event at least doesn't force us to overscout, as all scouting quests have an alternative option. I'm glad to see those favourable questlists have returned.

The only quest that doesn't have an alternative is quest 22, which requires you to complete 1 province AND to solve world map encounters by negotiating or fighting, both without alternative options. So if you don't have any open provinces anymore, both the 'complete 1 province' part and the 'solve world map encounters' part of this quest will still force you to scout. All other quests that require completing a province or to solve encounters do have an alternative though. Was quest 22 perhaps overlooked? Could you please check that with the responsible parties, @Herodite? :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
No emails again eh ?
Got one for my other account on US server (with different e-mailaddress), but not for my main account on EN server. Did receive them for last event, but not the event before that.
Edit: I spoke too soon! Just got the e-mail for my main account as well.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Almost 2 days in and now I will mention it, the advert "treasure in your city" I have noticed is taking one of the 6 event currency spots so 5 and an ad rather than the 6, so over the duration of the event as one appears per hour on average that is 22 days x4 so 88 less event currency over the course of the event due to the ad's which don't so far appear to give it as a prize.

Pay to play is close in my opinion which works for some but will destroy the game as it is, why?

Sir Derf

Adept
I had wondered what would happen for you ad receivers when an event started...

Mildly curious, and I'll try to remember tomorrow when I collect in the morning... As a player who is not receiving the ad drops, will I see 6 event currencies in the morning, or only 5?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Almost 2 days in and now I will mention it, the advert "treasure in your city" I have noticed is taking one of the 6 event currency spots so 5 and an ad rather than the 6, so over the duration of the event as one appears per hour on average that is 22 days x4 so 88 less event currency over the course of the event due to the ad's which don't so far appear to give it as a prize.
Hm, in my US city (the only one that gets the ads luckily) I get 1 reel and 6 shovels every morning I login... So could it be that you're collecting too soon for the 6th shovel to drop?
Must admit I never 'pickup' the reel because I hate ads, no matter the reward, so could that maybe also cause the difference? The reel keeps changing spots where it shows up every time I login though, so I doubt it is of any influence...