• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Fighting difficulty increased

Gadun Moth

Seeker
Why did the developers considered that increasing the fighting difficulty will make players enjoy the game better ? For most of us did quite the opposite. I have activated bonuses of + 130% damage and life and still lost over 60 squads. I don't find it entertaining, amusing or worth my time anymore. Don't tell me about the AW levels difficulty, I hit that a while ago.

Hekata

Artisan
Why did the developers considered that increasing the fighting difficulty will make players enjoy the game better ?
That is the million dollars question we've been asking ever since the big tourney nerf :)
One of the explanations given a long ago is that the idea was to make it so less advanced players could compete for the top spots too. Which makes 0 sense to me as. Advancing in a game is all about gaining advantages not going backwards.

Last edited:

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
One of the explanations given a long ago is that the idea was to make it so less advanced players could compete for the top spots too. Which makes 0 sense to me as. Advancing in a game is all about gaining advantages not going backwards.
I think the developers are facing the problem that new players will take several years to catch up to older ones and become competitive, and you have to keep them motivated throughout that entire time. Making it so that newer players can compete in some aspects of the game earlier could help with that.
Why did the developers considered that increasing the fighting difficulty will make players enjoy the game better ? For most of us did quite the opposite. I have activated bonuses of + 130% damage and life and still lost over 60 squads. I don't find it entertaining, amusing or worth my time anymore. Don't tell me about the AW levels difficulty, I hit that a while ago.
I think the entire fighting system is quite broken, and not very much fun at all. Aside from the difficulty aspect, it is extremely monotonous after a while. A lot of clicking with very little impact. In the recent "Ask the Devs" on Discord they pretty much acknowledged that this system is not ideal, but also very hard to come up with something better, because it affects so many aspects of the game.

OldHag

Necromancer
In the recent "Ask the Devs" on Discord they pretty much acknowledged that this system is not ideal, but also very hard to come up with something better, because it affects so many aspects of the game.
Then they need to put their thinking hats on. ;)