• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fight system (sort of) explained

Deleted User - 13667

At the moment, if you were to get the units upgrades, your sword dancers III may be able to face the knights with a slightly better survival chance.

Same goes to the golems III. Golems seem much more durable finally

DeletedUser537

hi .... I also recommend NOT using autofight, but learning the ins and outs of fighting strategy
I play as an elf, and love doing the battles ... great fun.
Yes, sometimes I bomb out, but as per suggestions above there is ALWAYS the "surrender" button when things are not going well, so I can save some of my troops, and then rethink my strategies, without any penalties
With the Elves at least, there are 2 easier provinces ... crystal and scrolls ... so if I need to fight for the side panel quest reward, I know I can do some fighting in these 2 provinces and hardly lose any troops (if at all).

Sorceresses are great fun to use as long range attackers ... plus weaken the enemy troops' next attack shot.
I find them great for disabling the cannoneers (which can be hard to get to on the battle field, and cause a fair bit of damage).
I also use them to dampen down an enemy troop that is about to attack one of mine that couldn't get out of the way

At present I have level 2 golems and treants (and sorceresses) .. and these are my main fighters depending on the enemy weakness / strengths.... plus often add in the sorceress or 2 ... with great success

For a particularly troublesome battle, I also add in a sword dancer to use as a target / bait for the enemy troops, allowing my main fighters to get in position for attacks. The SD's are numerous and cheap to recruit, so I don't mind losing some of them. I use them to lure the enemy within range of my main fighters. You will probably notice that enemy troops like to preferentially attack a weak troop of yours ... you can use this to your advantage with the "bait" idea

Another really useful strategy (besides those written about in previous posts) is to use the "end turn" button, especially in the beginning moves, if it keeps your troops out of the range of the enemy (those red squares seen when you hover over an enemy troop). Always better to get the first hit in once you have engaged with an enemy troop (rather than that troop hitting you first).
If you are attacking an enemy that has a "strike back" capability (see their stats), try not to be standing next to them if you don't need to be .. eg your ranged troops, ... otherwise they will hit you back within that turn. But ... their "strike back" capability only lasts for the first hit on them during your turn. And subsequent hits on them during your turn seems to do a LOT more damage than an individual hit on them

I don't fight every day, but recruit every day to keep my troop numbers topped up. (if in a hurry that day, I decline those fighting quests)
And as recommended before in a previous post, if I find the fighting is getting too costly, I wait a little while for my next research tree fighting upgrade ... troop promotions do wonders!!

I hope this helps give some confidence and hope to those struggling with the fights
It can be good fun, and the game designers have worked hard with the strategy and animations here ... shame not to enjoy it
regards ... miff :)

DeletedUser501

does anyone know when we will be able to start building Drone Riders? have all the research done and all it says is coming soon

ok i'll admit i'm a dummy on here. I have always used auto fight and now that i have bigger armies I am losing more then I win; i am trying to do manual battles but I cannot figure out how to get my troops to move right. I have them set up as you have stated above, but i click on my archers they dont highlight so i can move them ; my sorceress and golems show the yellow squares and when i click on them to move them back behind the archers they go foward; can someone please explain ( in child language) how to move my troops thanks

Last edited by a moderator: