• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship participation.

SkyRider99

Immortal
Is it only me, or does fellowship still mean fellowship?

I get it that membership changes over time as players' circumstances change. But I have reached a point where new replacements just seem to want to be part of a fellowship to get the rewards. My attempts to elicit friendly banter mostly go into a black hole, where only the sounds of lonely crickets escape.

I regularly offer discounted trades, offer tips, and pass on references and ideas from our great forum, etc. etc. It's like the zombie apocalypse came and went, and I didn't get the memo, or something.

Is anyone else experiencing similar developing trends in their fellowships?

1682378547622.png

kimkimkim

Summoner
I haven't had any new replacements lately but with my regulars I sometimes have days where not a peep speaks and it does feel kind of lonely, they all communicate or at least know how to........before I bring someone in, I "interview" them first via messaging and if they respond back then I kind of know they are not a silent type, no response, no admittance......maybe reach out to the "newbies" and ask them how they are doing, is there anything you can do for them, don't be afraid to ask questions, reiterate that they are a part of a team and encourage them for feedback

P.S @SkyRider99 , if you ever feel lonely you can reach out to me and we'll chat it up ;) I am in Arendyll also

Lymhir

Spellcaster
But I have reached a point where new replacements just seem to want to be part of a fellowship to get the rewards.
They are the worst kind of players, typically not communicating, not cooperating, not following the rules, but you can avoid them with some small tricks.
For example @kimkimkim rightly says to exchange a few messages before hiring them, in fact I never accept players without first exchanging a couple of messages and checking their 'Curriculum'.
As an AM try to adopt some stretegy that involves all players, make them feel part of a managed group and not left to their own devices. Use some simple rules that everyone must follow, and those who don't follow them out! :)

Hekata

Artisan
It might be becasue the game is getting more demanding. Most people only have so much time they can (or want) to spend on the game. We now have regular events, seasonal events, the Spire, the tourney, FA... (with barely any breaks in between) on top of regular city growth, so when all that is done they might not have time (or the will, lol) to stay for a chat.

On this particular server there is a also a language barrier for many people.

Personally I don't mind silent players at all as long as they are regularly contributing to the best of their ability to all team activities (Spire, tourney, FA...) and following the guidelines. In fact I prefer them to those who chat but do the bare minimum.

As for people not replying when invited, it used to bother me a lot when I first started recruiting for my FS, but now I'm so used to it that I'm just pleasantly surprised when I get any kind of reply :)

Killiak

Artisan
@Hekata Probably so, the game changing with the addition of mobile is something that was already somewhat predicted, and worried about. This draws in a different type of player, the mobile only player, who plays a game for a few months and then moves on again. After all, this is the type that Inno wants to have, as they spend some money on the game in those first few months.

However, for the long-term players, those who have already been here for years, these changes aren't all that grand. In fact, I have already commented on this in a differrent thread (about Seasons), on how the FOMO-meter keeps being pushed up. There was another thread on this issue as well, from a newer forum member who observed that the game is really aiming for your diamonds (read: money). If more and more people are noticing this, then it is likely to be true.

We have some quieter players in the FS as well, but all of them reply when we send a private message. That said, we only invite those who reply to our recruitment messages, and who can have an actual conversation. Even if their English isn't the best, that is fine with us, as long as they try.

Hekata

Artisan
We have some quieter players in the FS as well, but all of them reply when we send a private message.
Obviously replying to private messages is a must, I was referring more to not really joining in the daily chatter, which is ok my me.

on how the FOMO-meter keeps being pushed up.
Ah yes, sadly FOMO, is a real thing :) I'm really tired of all the endless events being thrown our way, but even when I'm 100% sure I won't be building the main prize I still do them. Partly also because a few years ago I did decide not to push some events and missed on some prizes that later turned out to be very useful. So now I just go after them all, just in case, lol

SkyRider99

Immortal
Ah yes, sadly FOMO, is a real thing :)
I am even starting to develop FOFOMO (Fear Of FOMO). :oops:
I was referring more to not really joining in the daily chatter, which is ok my me.
I can understand your stance @Hekata. I would find my duties as AM easier and more appealing if I could get a bit of input or feedback from the troops though. Yeah, I know. I want too much. :cool:

However, for the long-term players, those who have already been here for years, these changes aren't all that grand.
Good point @Killiak. Maybe certain game changes have altered the mindset of players. Oh for the good old days! :)