• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowships Fellowship: Management of Applications

Do you like these suggestions?

• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Partially

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

DeletedUser235

I notice that most applicants don't read Fellowship profiles, to see what type of players they are looking for; therefore we spend a lot of time looking at applicants that do not meet what the minimum requirements of what we look in a future member.

Here are some ideas to improve the management of aspirants:

1- Allow a fellowship to set a "Minimum points to apply" and show it in the Fellowship profile window

2- Display the points of a player in the Aspirants window (Already in FoE)

3- Display the picture of their boosted goods in the Aspirants window

4- Increase the number of Aspirants per page, to 8 or 9 instead of 5

5- Allows us to filter invitations sent and aspirants

That will make the management of applications much easier.

Thoughts? Comments? Complaints? :)

DeletedUser235

I'd really like to know why someone would vote no. ;)

DeletedUser

Some of this is really, really cool!
There should be easier ways to manage applications to a fellowship, the boosted goods bit is great, and 4 and 5 seem extremely reasonable to facilitate admin.
The one concern i see on points 1 and 2 is this may lead to fellowships being so very focused on points. While that competitiveness already exists, lots of fellowships aren't about that, and having a default input field of points may sway that a bit. I understand that people will do that whether a feature exists or not, but if not then its easier to contain.
Alternatively, if you can order your applicants by score, or purely just see their points, without it being a barrier to apply (2, but not 1) then it would tick all the boxes

Adding an optional poll or comment box to the application may be cool as well - "where a fellowship can ask things like how often do you play?" "how often can you do Neighborly help?" or "Will you use fellowship chat?" will also help determine fit

DeletedUser235

As a fellowship founder, I don't like to see the pressure goods shortage can have on less developed players.

To have a lower limit in points allows fellowships to make sure the 25 players can play well together. When there is a wide gap of development between players it can put a lot of pressure on less developed ones. For example, each time we had a shortage of 2nd or 3rd tier goods that less developed players had as a boost, it puts a lot of pressure on them to develop much faster. Not that I or anyone directly put pressure on them, it's just normal to realize that by yourself, when you see the trades waiting to be picked up.

Since we are limited to only 25 members, it doesn't allow fellowships the same membership flexibility as in Forge of Empires, where you can have a wide range of development gaps in a guild. And even in FoE, I find 80 players to be too small of a limit. I'm used to bigger teams. :)

While yes, some fellowships focus on ranking, but indirectly, I'm pretty sure its to allow teams to work well together. What does the ranking bring, other than better visibility? Nothing.

Deleted User - 13667

+1.

It would be great to see the type of relic boosted goods each player has to balance the fellowship

DeletedUser

Which fellow has which boost is not really very important. It's more about who is actually manufacturing goods, and who has neighbors with whom they can trade in order to balance their inventory.

But if you still want to note the boosts, for some reason, then while you're doing your rotation you should look at the sectors immediately below the city that you're visiting as those sectors define the three boosted relics for that city.
  • Southwest
  • Southeast
  • Double Southeast (which is always identical to North)
There are only 9 unique city+relic combinations, because on the world map the tessellation primitive is a horizontal row of 9 different relics, arranged 321321321. If you move horizontally, every 9th city will have identical relic boosts.

DeletedUser277

Its a yes and +1 for me for each of these sensible and straightforward suggestions. Personally, there is no substitute for visiting the city of an aspirant to get the measure of how they play, but the additional info in the aspirants tab would be certainly helpful.