• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowships Fellowship capitals

DeletedUser553

Hi. I just want to suggest an addition to the fellowship mechanic: fellowship capitals. Let the fellowship as a whole build a city (require Archmage of late era), with guild functions located within buildings, a guild treasury from which to build the guild city which the fellowship can contribute to, and buildings that benefit the fellowship as a whole, either by direct production of goods to all members (all the usual goods buildings), expense savings, faster/better units, swifter KP gain (a library), etc. The central guild hall could include a roster of guild members, list contributions and achievements for the guild, and a simpler way to visit / provide neighbourly help to fellowship members.
It would allow fellowship members to contribute to, benefit from, and feel a part of something bigger, rather than fellowships just being about exchange of goods and neighbourly help.

If you wanted to go an even bigger rethink of fellowships, re-seed the world map with (uncommon) blank spaces for Fellowships as a whole to acquire and turn into capitals, maybe seed other fellowship/non-city sites (trading hubs? ancient ruins? really, the sky is the limit here). Scouting and relic/encounter tiles could work as usual, but give fellowship members the ability to trade with any fellowship whose capital they can reach, or restrict players to joining fellowships they can reach; fellowships as a whole could build trade centres and buy/negotiate trade pacts with other nearby fellowships. Let guilds fight over special sites and their benefits, while leaving guild capitals secure for those not interested in GVG.

Anyway, just my 5 cents. Take what you want from it, and toss the rest :)
Cheers,
Ash.

DeletedUser1657

This is actually a very good idea. I think this would give nice amount of work for those people who have already completed their research tree and build up every building, and indeed fellowship members would feel that they are part of something bigger. I for one support this suggestion.

DeletedUser

Nice idea, I'd like to see at least some of this developed.

DeletedUser487

Yeah I think a good idea along these lines could be like a "central fellowship bank", where players can put in goods and other players can take with AMs permission.