• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] June Episode

Deleted User - 106219

Wait, we're getting SIX more Ancient Wonders? SIX!?!? How are we supposed to ever get the runes for them?

There's also the fact that those of us who are past chapter II are basically missing out on dozens of Runes for Ancient Wonders.Any plans to give us Runes for the provinces we already completed?

DeletedUser971

AW are of course much more important than fixing current issues. I would have like to have heard some feed back about the Mercenary Camp. drone rider and blossom mage.

A mod on beta said this. "The game will see more changes in the future, and some of the players may not be happy about it, but they will have to adapt to the new situation."

I think they are taking the game in the wrong direction.

DeletedUser1161

Would like to ask where we are supposed to fit these 6 new ancient wonders in, i am working through the dwarf section and space is hard as it is are we going to get extra expansions to fit these in as space is an issue

DeletedUser

Wait, we're getting SIX more Ancient Wonders? SIX!?!? How are we supposed to ever get the runes for them?

There's also the fact that those of us who are past chapter II are basically missing out on dozens of Runes for Ancient Wonders.Any plans to give us Runes for the provinces we already completed?
Very good questions.

DeletedUser415

I just hope they stop going back on the tech tree, and any new additions are added in new content/chapters past fairies chapter in all fairness to the advanced players.
As mentioned here and other posts, they just need to fix whats broke, I'm sure we know all the bugs.
Implement the missing content (ie: merc camp) and get it up and running.
But please, and I reiterate, stop going back on the already active chapters and add it in new content. Not sure if this is possible, because of the big picture, but sure would be nice.

DeletedUser1161

I just hope they stop going back on the tech tree, and any new additions are added in new content/chapters past fairies chapter in all fairness to the advanced players.
As mentioned here and other posts, they just need to fix whats broke, I'm sure we know all the bugs.
Implement the missing content (ie: merc camp) and get it up and running.
But please, and I reiterate, stop going back on the already active chapters and add it in new content. Not sure if this is possible, because of the big picture, but sure would be nice.
yes 100 per cent agree with that

DeletedUser

Adding more features is a good thing. If and when people can actually use/want them. Perhaps these new ones will be worth the space to add them.
No mention of anything the players are concerned about, no mention of bug fixes, just a "keep playing" encouragement.

Yep, same old same old.

DeletedUser

No mention of anything the players are concerned about,
Six new Ancient Wonders, for entry level players, seems like a pretty big deal to me, as they will take a LOT of the pressure off of the Coins/Supplies/Goods treadmill.

Tournaments make a LOT more sense when you can use the Runes/Relics/KPs in your Ancient Wonders, because they provide something useful to do while you're waiting for your Technology Tree to come together.

And I don't really understand why anyone would think that the promotional videos should discuss bug fixes. I'm happy to get the big picture stuff in the videos. I sort of regard the Promos as the Chapter Titles in a Mystery Novel. The details will become apparent in due course.

Based on my own experience with software development, it's tough to estimate exactly how long something is going to take, nor exactly how it's going to work, for that matter. While I'd LOVE to see the flowchart for the development of Elvenar, I strongly suspect that some of the boxes are a bit of a mystery to even the other folks on the development team.

Ummm - OK - so how are we going to do THAT?? Please tell me that we're not going to accept a simplistic solution that does more harm than good.

DeletedUser

Six new Ancient Wonders, for entry level players, seems like a pretty big deal to me, as they will take a LOT of the pressure off of the Coins/Supplies/Goods treadmill.

Tournaments make a LOT more sense when you can use the Runes/Relics/KPs in your Ancient Wonders, because they provide something useful to do while you're waiting for your Technology Tree to come together.

And I don't really understand why anyone would think that the promotional videos should discuss bug fixes. I'm happy to get the big picture stuff in the videos. I sort of regard the Promos as the Chapter Titles in a Mystery Novel. The details will become apparent in due course.

Based on my own experience with software development, it's tough to estimate exactly how long something is going to take, nor exactly how it's going to work, for that matter. While I'd LOVE to see the flowchart for the development of Elvenar, I strongly suspect that some of the boxes are a bit of a mystery to even the other folks on the development team.

Ummm - OK - so how are we going to do THAT?? Please tell me that we're not going to accept a simplistic solution that does more harm than good.

Fair call, I didn't explain enough.
Inno is renowned for releasing poorly thought out (tournaments rely on neighbours/MA being unused by the majority), unfinished (Drone riders) and unused (most AW) updates.

So when I said nothing the players want, I assumed that (as past performance dictates) the the new AW will be as useless as (most of) the current ones. Always happy to be proven wrong.

The next bit is definatly opinion based, why WOULDN'T you discuss bug fixes, when that is a major issue? Opinions vary on what major is and what is an "acceptable" bug. I would think that is the devs said "Hey, we have a bunch of amazing stuff, we are going to delay it a little to get the niggling things out of the way and get everything we have out right now working properly", the announcement would be greeted with applause from all quarters, this is what I mean by "bug fixes"

I am NOT on the "I hate the devs" train. I think they have made a pretty decent game, that is going off the rails. What I want to see is ANY acknowledgement that they get people are unhappy and are not just going to go along with "business as usual" and keep releasing stuff that doesn't work and/or is broken, well, at least until they fix the last stuff that is broken.
Sure, stuff doesn't work out as planned a lot of the time, as I have said before and will no doubt say again, it is NOT the broken stuff that they release that I have an issue with, it is the "meh" attitude to fixing it, or engaging the community that are their customers. No reasonable person expects a set date to fix issues, these things take time/resources and sometimes go over time. This is expected. What people DO expect is communication on IF any of these things are even being fixed/thought of.

I would also love to see a flowchart of what is in the future, even if it is just a month in advance. Even saying that there is someone working on <insert particular issue> would be enough.

DeletedUser

I am NOT on the "I hate the devs" train. I think they have made a pretty decent game, that is going off the rails. What I want to see is ANY acknowledgement that they get people are unhappy and are not just going to go along with "business as usual" and keep releasing stuff that doesn't work and/or is broken, well, at least until they fix the last stuff that is broken.
Sure, stuff doesn't work out as planned a lot of the time, as I have said before and will no doubt say again, it is NOT the broken stuff that they release that I have an issue with, it is the "meh" attitude to fixing it, or engaging the community that are their customers. No reasonable person expects a set date to fix issues, these things take time/resources and sometimes go over time. This is expected. What people DO expect is communication on IF any of these things are even being fixed/thought of.
THIS. I do enjoy the game - it's why I'm still here. There are a lot of things I like, but a lot of things I don't. But there is a lot of problems with the way the game is at the moment, and the devs seem to be refusing to acknowledge that.

DeletedUser971

anybody else notice only 4 builders in the clip. are we going to have to give up a builder now?

Deleted User - 106219

Entry level? Middle of chapter II is not what I would call entry level, especially since after unlocking the first two Ancient Wonders you still need to collect the Runes for them, and that can take a LONG time. Then there's the issue of space. This early in the game space is VERY limited, especially if you have build a Magic Academy (which is even more reason to allow players to remove the MA).

So I wouldn't be so quick say what effect the new Ancient Wonders will have... we don't even know how many players will actually want to build them...

DeletedUser114

This is a very good point... a lot of people have missed out on runes from provinces captured a long time ago, and to take a province now takes a lot of resources or troops, also I don't know about other players but I mostly keep getting shards and runes ( mostly shards ) for wonders I have already built
( which is only 2 as I can't find the right runes for the others ), so at this rate there is no realistic way for me to find the runes for these new wonders :(

Uni.

DeletedUser66

Yes and before new wonders have been released which require a lot more different runes, tournaments were also released which provide runes plus I think you can also get runes from those daily treasures - albeit it rare to get one. If not, that would certainly be a good idea so there are more avenues these runes can be gained.

DeletedUser336

Are Inno gonna give us more expansions so we could potentially build these new AW's?, I for one am at the end of fairies now and practically all my space is used up, not gonna destroy anything just to get more AW

DeletedUser

Are Inno gonna give us more expansions so we could potentially build these new AW's?, I for one am at the end of fairies now and practically all my space is used up, not gonna destroy anything just to get more AW

My understanding was that they plan on giving them earlier to help alleviate the typical grind, so may not be of any use to you?

DeletedUser403

Having just read tomorrows update notes and watched June's TV release (yes a little slow on the uptake) : I like others am concerned about the vast quantity of unique rune shards we are expected to collect.

Is it not possible to simplify the system? Chapter Shards as an example, where Chapter 2 shards fit into either of the chapter 2 wonders - that at least would half the unique Shards - also allowing the players some choice & control in which AW they build first within a chapter.

Also, for those more advanced players - will you be introducing a method of swapping some of the surplus Shards we have collected (eg 61 Lighthouse Shards) that could have potentially been 10 Chapter 2 Shards? Maybe, we could have new spells for the Magic Academy: "Rune Shard Conversion"?

I love seeing new content, I just worry that adding so many new AW features that require such specific unique identifiers for them to become a reality, could make them feel unobtainable!

W x