• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Neighbors Faster removal of Neighbours

Would you support faster removal of inactives (to get replaced by mines)

• Total voters

DeletedUser

[Summary]:
Grinding neighbours for gold sucks, I would prefer mines to neighbours

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]:
No. I am a revolutionary free thinker, it is not possible someone has thought of this before! (yes)

[Details]:
Get rid of my inactives after 15 days. I would MUCH prefer half the gold and a third the time to get it.

[Reasons for Implementing]:
Because it would be nice and make people happy?

[Balance]:

Eh. Not much different. Some will love, some will hate. There is random chance built into it anyway, this doesn't change that.

[Visual Aids]:

DeletedUser1353

Option 1 and 3 is the same :p (according to the game rules atleast, but feels longer)

"Game accounts may be deleted from Game Worlds after 30 days of inactivity. Please note that any Diamonds left on the account will remain on the master account and will not be deleted."

DeletedUser

Take a look at the following Beta thread from a full year ago.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ught-diamonds-or-start-again.2608/#post-18607
  • Originally, ALL cities were deleted after 30 inactive days
  • The user community was OUTRAGED!!!!
    • I've spent DIAMONDS on my city
    • I've spent HUNDREDS of hours on my city
    • I've been transferred to Outer Wakkaius for 3 months
    • The cat died
    • etc
  • So now Premium Cities and Chapter III and above cities are never deleted. Be careful what you ask for.

DeletedUser1353

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ught-diamonds-or-start-again.2608/#post-18607
  • The user community was OUTRAGED!!!!
    • I've spent DIAMONDS on my city
    • I've spent HUNDREDS of hours on my city
    • I've been transferred to Outer Wakkaius for 3 months
    • The cat died
    • etc
  • So now Premium Cities and Chapter III and above cities are never deleted. Be careful what you ask for.

I'm fine with chapter 3 or even 2 -inactives to remain forever. It's the inactives with 1 residence and 1 workshop that make up like 95% of the inactive population.

DeletedUser

I say think outside the square.
  • Remove after 15 days, record an array of where they have explored to.
  • Reserve that spot for an additional 15 days.
  • On restart, place the city back where it was, if that is not possible, place over a mine somewhere.
  • Profit!

DeletedUser1925

If you are not active for 7 days you should be moved to less active neighbourhood. Unless you check you are going to vacation for X days.

DeletedUser

If you are not active for 7 days you should be moved to less active neighbourhood. Unless you check you are going to vacation for X days.

There ya go! Another "outside the box" idea! Not sure how practical it would be, I welcome any and all ideas!

DeletedUser1993

As above, I am also in favor of chapter III and above not being removed but those that;
  • spend 3 hours or less on the game and not return, should be removed after 4 days inactivity,
  • spend 3-10 hours on the game and not return, should be removed after 7 days inactivity,
  • spend 10-20 hours on the game and not return, should be removed after 14 days inactivity,
  • progress onto chapter II but not enter into chapter III, should be removed after 21 days inactivity.
Just my thoughts but I think this more than fair. Also once removed and replaced with the click and collect coin icon, I am not an advocate of the current "receive half of helping a city bonus". The coin payout should be increased to 75% minimum, your penalizing active players for the inactivity of others!!!!

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-07-14 - removed inappropriate remark ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

pertm

Seeker
I think if you are not active for a time your account should not be deleted at once but removed from map and then if you come back you get a new spot with same boosts and provinces as you had. Then rules from deleting an account can be as it is now

DeletedUser

An archive/retrieve capability is ALSO a move capability, so certainly. We've needed that from day zero.

DeletedUser1900

I think if you are not active for a time your account should not be deleted at once but removed from map and then if you come back you get a new spot with same boosts and provinces as you had. Then rules from deleting an account can be as it is now

Sometimes Accidents Happen or people go away for a fairly long period of time ie:- Holidays - Business Trips - Hospital - etc If some one gives advance warning of something like this it should be decided by the fellowship what to do depending on circumstances. Or so I believe.