• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

FA improvements 2 - opening the stages

only mages should be allowed to open the next stage
or
there should be a dropdown in the FS settings where the archmage/mages can set the minimum role needed to open the next stage.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The fs can decide who they want to allow to take the flag. Usual practice is to demote all the others to fellows for the time it takes to do the three maps and then all previous ranks can be restored.

This is easily solved by simply demoting everyone from ambassador to fellow for 6 days, but still not a bad idea.

it sounds like many solutions in Elvenar. If you want to draw a heart into your word document then print it out, draw a heart with a red pencil, scan it and include it into your doc.

foolfighter

Alchemist
One improvement might be to rotate the map horizontally so the finish flag is on the left. Once one route has been completed the finish flag and any close-pop-up-box-symbol can be remarkably close to each other, and it has been known to hit the flag early by mistake.

Gargon667

Mentor
One improvement might be to rotate the map horizontally so the finish flag is on the left. Once one route has been completed the finish flag and any close-pop-up-box-symbol can be remarkably close to each other, and it has been known to hit the flag early by mistake.

I think having the flag on the left would mean it gets clicked every single time someone goes to the map.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
only mages should be allowed to open the next stage
or
there should be a dropdown in the FS settings where the archmage/mages can set the minimum role needed to open the next stage.
I can find reason in this change.
It is true that this can be solved by demoting all ambassadors, but the fact that this is a common advice / strategy means it might be better to make it a rule instead of a strategy, this would save a lot of fellowships demoting there players for a week.

It's one of the better ideas I have seen lately it's quick it's easy and it makes total sense. it's the ideal QoL change they could implement for us.

cwgiii

Shaman
It is true that this can be solved by demoting all ambassadors, but the fact that this is a common advice / strategy means it might be better to make it a rule instead of a strategy, this would save a lot of fellowships demoting there players for a week.

Here is another thought....

Maybe AMs should be careful about who they promote to ambassadors in the 1st place, Maybe, AMs should train their ambassadors in their role and make sure they understand the responsibility behind that power. Maybe, if an ambassador makes the mistake of opening the next FA level out of turn, they should be counseled about it, then/or stripped of that power temporarily, then/or permanently, then/or booted from the fellowship.

Just a thought.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Here is another thought....

Maybe AMs should be careful about who they promote to ambassadors in the 1st place, Maybe, AMs should train their ambassadors in their role and make sure they understand the responsibility behind that power. Maybe, if an ambassador makes the mistake of opening the next FA level out of turn, they should be counseled about it, then/or stripped of that power temporarily, then/or permanently, then/or booted from the fellowship.

Just a thought.

This is elvenar, this is not the military, I do not want to drill my fellows like they are in the army.

Member is the step-in rank, ambassador doesn't really add anything other than being the title. yes you can accept people into the fellowship but thats not that special.

At the mage level you have the power to accept and kick. this is reserved for only the trusted ones.

member to me is like probation, your brand new, ambassador is the logical step its a position where you can do no harm yet still for recognision for your effort. mages is reserved for only a few and archmage there can be only one.

The only place where an ambassador could do harm is the FA, so it makes sense to put that power only in those positions where there already is a sense of power.
I think very few people would agree with you about "training your members" and the fact that many fellowships deploy a temporary reset to members during an FA supports that.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Mistakes happen and I am sure we can write a book about the mistakes that lead to the untimely taking of a flag. I will be able to add my two cents. Lol, have seen some weird ones. Can even happen to a mage and even the AM himself. No situation is unfailable.

Ok, lets say the flag was taken before the planned taking. What then? I want to say it is not the end of the world. Yes, a few potential points will be lost, but if you want a place amongst the top teams, you must be prepared to do a lot of cards in the pit. This means that production in the fs must be structured around having a rolling flow of cards in the pit. This may even cushion what you did not place on the maps and in somme cases you might actually be better off.

I do have a pet hate of badges wasted in points never intended to be completed, but one has to live what that as well and minimize the impact if possible.

In short, I don’t think the flag needs additional protection.

Gargon667

Mentor
Member is the step-in rank, ambassador doesn't really add anything other than being the title. yes you can accept people into the fellowship but thats not that special.

I always wonder what the point of having Ambassadors is at all. As you say, there is little they can do already, taking away half of what they can do leaves them with even less to do, making the whole rank completely pointless.
I agree that Ambassadors don´t need the power to take flags, but removing the power means, it´s just a different name for the same thing as fellow, so they can just as well remove the whole rank of Ambassador. It´s enough to have Fellow, Mage and AM.
If you want to add a 4th rank there should be a point to it.