• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Quests Extremely Annoying Quests

DeletedUser

I'd like to suggest getting rid of non-declinable quests forcing you to do annoying stuff that you do not want to do. Examples would be: Building 3 armories, building ( especially tier 3) non-boosted manufactories, upgrading non-boosted manufactories, or upgrading any building you could very well not have or do not wish to upgrade, possibly because you already have it at max.

In chapter 4, my elves first had to have*one each of both tier 3 non-boosted manufactories, now they have to upgrade a non-boosted tier 3 manufactory and an armory. This means I have to yet again build a non-boosted tier 3 manufactory and upgrade it, just to remove it afterwards. Absurdly, this is clearly some quest involving sorceresses, which I've had for ages since most of the chapter I was stuck on the quest asking to unlock elven ancient wonders, which is the last item in the tech tree for that chapter ...

Non-boosted manufactories are a waste of space in many players opinions and not everyone wants to have umpteen armories, etc. Admittedly you can easily build and upgrade a new armory, but it's extremely pointless. Also, even if you prefer to be independent and have constructed non-boosted manufactories, you'd most likely have them at max possible level by now so be forced to build another one anyway. Quests like this in games make me feel like I'm being given occupational therapy and imo are just lazy game design, as opposed to fulfilling any actual purpose. If you need to lumber players with tasks that have no purpose other than to slow them down, it suggests your game lacks actual valid content.

* have as opposed to build. If you build it and then get rid of it, the quest unticks the progress.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 103

DeletedUser1353

I agree, at first the quests were a good way to get an idea of what to build in the start and a good extra boost of coins and supplies. But I didn't think they would continue like this for the entire game.

I just started playing, but the quests are already starting to get a bit burdening.. like obtaining 5 steel relics even though I don't have a steel production boost. On one hand I want to be effective and build whatever I like, but at another hand I also want to complete quests and get the rewards from them..

I would suggest changing the quests and make it so that you can decline them, and by doing so a quest timer would start and you would have to wait 24 hours or so for a new quest. Would also be interesting with a tavern or something like that where you can recive quests and upgrade to decrease this penalty time and maybe recieve more and harder quests.. Just some random thoughts i have. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have already stated my opinion numerous times about the repeatable quests (even started a thread on it here), as well as the issue of the main story quests demanding players to play the game in a predefined way. Lynxze, made a good suggestion which is similar to what I have had in mind for some time now. Will have to post the idea in a new thread though, considering it would be a new feature that drastically improves the quest system for all types of players.

This is definitely one of the most important aspects of the game the devs need to improve on though. Having started the game the last week of October, I've been stuck on the main story quest ever since Halloween... Now half-way through chapter 4.

+1 to the OP :)

Deleted User - 13667

I made my stand on some of these gibberish quests.

Major +1

DeletedUser1414

Am wondering weather to pack it in because as of yesterday i now have 45 looped quest which is say in the least very annoying, am spending most of my time clicking away at junk. I have spoken to other player in my fs and they dont have the number of quest i have been lumbered with, and yes i do now how many i have because i have written them all down.

DeletedUser

Am wondering weather to pack it in because as of yesterday i now have 45 looped quest which is say in the least very annoying, am spending most of my time clicking away at junk. I have spoken to other player in my fs and they dont have the number of quest i have been lumbered with, and yes i do now how many i have because i have written them all down.

I believe you are currently experiencing a situation where you have only repeatable quests. That sometimes seems to happen when you are not at the point in the tech tree the system expects you to be. It will snap back to normal after you completed one tech or other. Meanwhile you don't have to do the declinable quests. If it says "decline", it means you can either do it, ignore it, or click through until you find one you do want to do.

DeletedUser1414

well seeing i am now in the Dwarf stage how far along do i have to be, and YES I do know that i can decline which I have been doing as it seems to be the only thing i am doing at this stage.

DeletedUser

I do not know. It's happened to me quite often and I am not at the dwarf stage. Once you completed some tech or upgraded something, you automatically get the compulsory quests again.

Deleted User - 13667

Hmm...

seems like there would always be some annoying quests despite them being redundant

DeletedUser

This is another example of an annoying quest: http://prntscr.com/b9g5h9

I'm told to build ancient grounds, although I already have 2 and no room for more. So in order to complete the quest, I'd have to remove one and rebuild it. Really?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser415

Yeah I used to be very disappointed on how the quests work, now I've just learnt to play my game without them.
Now I'm just slightly disappointed as it takes away part of the game and story line for me.
Here's to hoping they implement some good ideas that have been put out there regarding the structure of the quests.