• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Explain Culture 'Surplus' Please

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
There is a total amount of culture that you need to operate. You will see this as "available culture". If you go below that then you can't build or upgrade any normal buildings.

Anything above your available culture threshold gives you a higher culture bonus, so it's usually advisable to keep it as high as poss. If you get your "surplus" culture up to a 200% bonus, then your residences, workshops and many evolving buildings, will all be paying you double the coins and supplies than you would get if you just had the exact minimum amount of culture you needed.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
There is a total amount of culture that you need to operate. You will see this as "available culture". If you go below that then you can't build or upgrade any normal buildings.

Anything above your available culture threshold gives you a higher culture bonus, so it's usually advisable to keep it as high as poss. If you get your "surplus" culture up to a 200% bonus, then your residences, workshops and many evolving buildings, will all be paying you double the coins and supplies than you would get if you just had the exact minimum amount of culture you needed.

The Culture bonus only goes up to 170?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Yes the base does not go beyond 170%
But there is a spell to surpass that berrier called ensorcelled something.
with it the bonus can go as high as you can imagine, but it in general requires a lot of tournament play to aquire them.

B

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The app illustrates better what happens. I am going to show a before and after picture of what happens if a few culture buildings are blessed with the purple enscrollment.

D409B38A-97A1-423F-9174-2F0479197BCC.jpeg

1990B4D0-96BD-46E6-9FBA-67CEF29F6A61.jpeg

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
If you use a lot of coins and supplies, as I do, then a high culture bonus is really important. Not to repeat what's been said above, but just to say that in my example I always keep my bonus at around 230%. It just depends how many buildings you keep polished. If you get the Lighthouse of Good Neighbourhood (I deleted mine, but CrazyWiz still extolls its virtues) then your culture bonus ends up going even higher.

Gargon667

Mentor
Just to something different from everybody else: I don´t care much about culture boost.
Most of my gold comes from my GA which does not care about my culture boost at all. If I run out I visit my map neighbours (again no bonus from culture boost)
Supplies can be boosted just fine with PoP enchantments on the WS, of course culture boost will make the production even bigger, but I rarely lack supplies, so I simply don´t see the need. I am currently using 2 MWS, I have two more in my inventory and never place them, because I don´t need more supplies.

Placing event buildings instead of stuff from the buildings menu will automatically raise the boost to somewhere above 150%.

The only exception to this is the FA, when I absolutely want to max my gold production for money bags.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Just to something different from everybody else: I don´t care much about culture boost.
Most of my gold comes from my GA which does not care about my culture boost at all. If I run out I visit my map neighbours (again no bonus from culture boost)
Supplies can be boosted just fine with PoP enchantments on the WS, of course culture boost will make the production even bigger, but I rarely lack supplies, so I simply don´t see the need. I am currently using 2 MWS, I have two more in my inventory and never place them, because I don´t need more supplies.
Ah, but that's why I said...
If you use a lot of coins and supplies
I think you have to be a spire or tournament caterer to fit into that category.

Gargon667

Mentor
I don't understand the query. My point was that you probably don't care about culture boost because you don't use a lot of coins and supplies.

Sorry, my bad, I misread that totally lol

Twigjam

Spellcaster
Thank you everyone! I've been underestimating how much the culture enchantments may help and I've been disenchenting the ones I get from the tournaments. I think I'll start using them because I cater in the tournaments and score above 5K so I'm always low on coins and supplies. Also I've got a Moonstone library now so I won't need to disenchant so many culture spells.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
If you use a lot of coins and supplies, as I do, then a high culture bonus is really important. Not to repeat what's been said above, but just to say that in my example I always keep my bonus at around 230%. It just depends how many buildings you keep polished. If you get the Lighthouse of Good Neighbourhood (I deleted mine, but CrazyWiz still extolls its virtues) then your culture bonus ends up going even higher.
1618909534804.png

I absolutely adore that spell.

It's also ver handy when I need to ditch 3-4 weeks of timeboosters in my unit factories.
It's nice to be able to get enough supplies at those times.