• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Exact duration of past FAs

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Hi everyone,

I'm currently planning for the next FA, and I'm wondering if anyone has information about the exact duration of the past FAs. Ideally I'd like to know the date and exact time of day they started and ended, to work out exactly how many hours I have available for productions. Does anyone have that information?

Cheers,

SpaceCowboy

Sir Derf

Adept
I think they usually last 6 days, 6 hours (150 hours).

I'm less sure of the actual day/time of it's start. Maybe not the perfect answer, but recently they have introduced a countdown icon that shows up 2-3 days prior to the start of the FA.

Sir Derf

Adept
For your planning, remember that what matters is the collection of the items in question, not that start. There are many things that you can do before the start of the FA to maximize the badges you can collect.
  • You can start 1 and 2 day productions 1 and 2 days before the FA starts.
  • You can delay collecting troops.
  • You can delay collecting Coins from Residences.
  • You can delay collecting spells and CC from the Magic Academy for days and days and days, stockpiling mass quantities.
  • You can delay providing Neighborly Help so that you can fit 6 (or 7 if you try hard) rounds of collection into the FA.
  • If memory serves, the FA usually overlaps the ending of one Tourney and the start of another, so you can delay participation in the early Tourney to fit more Tourney Provinces into the FA.
  • The shifted FA start time now overlaps the ending of one Spire and the start of another, so you can delay participation in the early Spire to fit more Spire Encounters into the FA.
And, of course, you can collect Time Boosts, Pet Food, Instants, Spell Fragments, CCs, Sips of Clarity, etc., to use during the FA to increase your productivity.

Edit: Pending FA shifting its start date to no longer overlap two Tourneys.
Edit2: Pending FA shifting its start date now overlaps two Spires. Why didn't I see this earlier?

Last edited:

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Remember to factor in the time it takes to collect badges, do spire, do tourney, extensive NH help, rebuilding city if you switch between t1 buildings and ws, etc. I know some like to be perfect, but just be kind to yourself and enjoy!

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Thanks for the input everyone - I've worked out a lot of this in past FAs already, only this time I want to try and see how far I can get with proper planning. I especially dread having to replace 300 T1 manufactories with 150 Mini-WS as quickly as possible :)

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
I've created a suggestion thread for the issue of placing and replacing lots of tiny level 1 buildings here.

SkyRider99

Immortal
There are many things that you can do before the start of the FA to maximize the badges you can collect.
That is gold @Sir Derf. I have not seen someone outline the strategy so clearly and concisely. That is not to say that some illustrious forum member has not done so before. Just I am impressed with your posting. :cool:

BlueBlou

Illusionist
We always could do two spires during one FA. For the previous one we delayed start till Thursday. Thursday to Friday. The second one was from Sunday to Wednesday. Now it will be from Tuesday till Friday and Sunday till Monday. Looking at the times, we will have less time to finish the second spire than we had time to finish the first spire in our previous FA.