• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Evolving a fed pet?

Jake65

Sage
If a pet gets evolved while the feeding effect is active, does the feeding time left remain after the evolution?
And, if so, does the remainder of the time take on the 'increased by evolution' effect?

I'd like to evolve my TinLug from level 4-5 but there's still 40 hours of pet food time left. Don't want to waste food :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Yes, and yes. I even made some evidence screenshots for you by evolving my second Ashen Phoenix one level :)
Before evolving the effect is 1,2%, has been fed for well over a year as you can see:
1694010349256.png

After evolving the effect is 1,3%, and the feeding time remains unaltered (the only thing that was altered is the production time, because that gets reset when you evolve/upgrade):
1694010455072.png

Jake65

Sage
@C-Nymph thanks so much for doing this!! (your Funky Chicken thanks you as well :D )

Interesting to see the pop, culture and Mana stay the same but the secondary(?) velvet increases.

Slightly off topic, do you get the event currency bonus from both chickens? So you get 3.3% bonus assuming your other one is maxed?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@C-Nymph thanks so much for doing this!! (your Funky Chicken thanks you as well :D )
You're welcome :)
Interesting to see the pop, culture and Mana stay the same but the secondary(?) velvet increases.
Apparently, it needed a cache refresh to show the correct pop + cult ;) And the Mana apparently increases every odd level, the Velvet increases every even level. Never actually noticed that until you said it :)
1694034787466.png

Slightly off topic, do you get the event currency bonus from both chickens? So you get 3.3% bonus assuming your other one is maxed?
Yes, I get them from both indeed, and it's nice that it gets rounded up. So for instance, I'm at quest 47 now, and it gives me 60*1.033 = 61.98 so 62 currency. One of my other cities has only 1 Ashen Phoenix, but it just passed a round-up threshold at quest 26, so that now gives me the same 2 bonus currency, as it gives me 51*1.02 = 52.02 thus 53 currency :)

In the end, the city with 2 ashen phoenixes will get 50 more event currency than the one with 1 ashen phoenix. If I get to evolve both ashen phoenixes to level 10, that difference will be 72 instead of 50 event currency.
So overall, they don't give a very big bonus, but it might just make the difference you need to unlock the next grand prize.

That reminds me, I should check my other city for Tomes of the Phoenix, as I have 1 other city with one-and-a-half ashen phoenix ;)