• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spells Evolution artefact token trading

Kelindir

Novice
After picking up my 45th unused evolution artefact, I thought I'd post a thought in case others think it's useful...

What if disenchanting evoultion artefact tokens gave you a different material to current? Then, with this new material you could buy other evolution artefact tokens for buildings that you may have picked up via the the magic academy, or from a past event that you couldn't finish in time.

This could function fairly simply via a general upgrade item, or it could be a purchase on the building itself like, want to evolve, that'll be 1 token or 1000 shiny currency of glory (the option could even be time gated so it only works on older stuff and doesn't mess with any current event).

What is wrong with the current system?

Currently I don't want a specific token if:
- I have a fully elvolved building already, and I can't see myself getting a second building to a high enough level to be useful
- I don't want the building it's used on at all
- I would only want the building at level 10 to be worth the space, but I can't get enough tokens for that

What do you do with unwanted tokens?

- Disenchant them for 2000 fragements. Not bad, but at least for me, not 'special' or a feeling of achievement when you got the token on a 'lucky' roll in the spire or some such.
- Keep it, and maybe either you'll need the fragments later, or there will be some use (like when one of the new phoenix tokens can be traded for old ones during an event). This is how I have 45, and I'm sure many people have a lot more!

What does the suggestion above add to this?

- Give improved access to older buildings that might be wanted (maybe for feeding effect, combo of rewards or just because you think it looks cool)
- Improve the value of tokens past level 10, and motivation to go for these rewards even though you don't need the specific tokens
- Makes the old buildings that come to magic academy have a higher chance of being desirable
- Could increase options for event rewards or any less used system where this currency could be a new option
- Opportunity for crystal or promotional purchases to increase this currency (good for developer?!)
- Could even tie in to ancient wonders

If you don't like this idea, my less well thought out idea is around being able to use them as an overflow to help you on the next event, like the fellowship storage, so my tokens from the past that I don't want can buy me the latest event currency to give me a boost there.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

(I had a quick look before posting in case someone else already had this idea and couldn't see anything, but apologies if I've missed it, in which case count all of this as my +1 on the original post!).

Jake65

Sage
I like the idea of disenchanting artefacts into an 'artefact currency'

Falanthia

Novice
I too have this issue; I have a bunch of artefact upgrades that I will never use.

I would suggest a special trader, though, that allows players to trade artefacts and other special items between each other. This came up in my Fellowship chat one day; I got a Dwarven Armourer when I wanted an artefact, and a fellow got an artefact when they wanted a dwarven armourer.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This is why we have released the various Tomes this year. These can be Crafted in your Magic Academy, allowing Artifacts to be used as part of the Recipe requirements.