• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Enchantments and relic requirements

Nymis

Alchemist
Hi! I was curious about the relic requirements for enchantments. Despite just starting to unlock the Amuni guest race, I was wondering about whether or not the relic requirements was the same for all players (as I had never properly considered this before, and I only play with one world/one account.)

According to the Elvenar Wiki;
Hint: Enchantments require the use of Relics of non-boosted, non-sentient Goods, so to be able to create them you will also need to gain the corresponding Relics.

The one that draws my attention the most is "non-sentient goods"....Right, so my normal boosts are Steel, Crystal and Elixir.
Therefore my sentient boosts are Planks, Silk and theoretically Dust, right?

Yet - Power of Provision requires 1 each of Planks (and Silk); Ensorcelled Endowment requires 1 each of (Marble and) Dust; Magical Manufacturing requires 2 each of Silk (and Gems); Inspiring Meditation requires 1 each of Planks, Silk AND Dust!

Or am I misunderstanding the "non-sentient Goods" part? As far as I'm aware, this should therefore mean that the spells should only require the relics which are neither required for my normal boosts, or my sentient boosts (these being Marble, Silk and Gems?)

And yes I know, I can "farm" the tournaments for the relics and get them from scouting new provinces...

Deleted User - 384643

Hi! I was curious about the relic requirements for enchantments. Despite just starting to unlock the Amuni guest race, I was wondering about whether or not the relic requirements was the same for all players (as I had never properly considered this before, and I only play with one world/one account.)

According to the Elvenar Wiki;

The one that draws my attention the most is "non-sentient goods"....Right, so my normal boosts are Steel, Crystal and Elixir.
Therefore my sentient boosts are Planks, Silk and theoretically Dust, right?

And yes I know, I can "farm" the tournaments for the relics and get them from scouting new provinces...
If your normal boosts are Steel, Crystal and Elixir then your sentient boosts are Planks, Scrolls & (theoretically) Magic Dust.

My normal boosts are Steel, Scrolls & Elixir, so my sentient boosts are Planks, Silk & Magic Dust. The Planks & Magic Dust I don't mind so much, but the Silk relics I'm already using for producing MM spells, so I'm not too happy with that. :(

Deleted User - 106219

That's poorly worded. A better wording would be:
Hint: Enchantments require the use of Relics of non-boosted Standard Goods, so to be able to create them you will also need to gain the corresponding Relics.

If your boosted Standard Goods are Steel, Crystal and Elixir, then your non-boosted non-Sentient goods are the other six Standard goods (Planks, Marble, Scrolls, Silk, Dust and Gems).

DeletedUser7096

Hello,

Or am I misunderstanding the "non-sentient Goods" part? As far as I'm aware, this should therefore mean that the spells should only require the relics which are neither required for my normal boosts, or my sentient boosts (these being Marble, Silk and Gems?)
No, they will ask for any relic except for your three standard goods boosts. So sentient goods boosts will involve Relics you will need for Enchantments too.

I reported this possible misunderstanding of the wiki page.

Regards,
Kakashi-sensei

DeletedUser4149

you have to keep in mind that the sentient goods were added well after the magic academy was created.
i'm sure they figured that a city that made it past halflings would have more than enough relics and could maintain a level high enough to keep their boost at maximum level. that's how i feel about this, anyways.
i don't expect to see more fellowship adventure quests that ask for people to spend more relics.