• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenar's official poll

DeletedUser

I just now logged into Elvenar and was presented with a link to an official Elvenar poll. There were a few introductory questions, and the last few questions asked about my gender and age, but the meat in the middle was all about the magic academy.

I congratulate Elvenar for doing this. It is the responsible thing to do. I would like to point out, however, that there is an enormously important question missing. The questions that were asked were as follow, as I remember them:

Have you researched the academy?
Have you built the academy?
Do you plan to build the academy?
Do you plan to use the academy in the future?

This poll is going to return results that the developers will interpret as support for the academy whether people support it or not. Players are already forced into researching the academy. Players are already strong-armed into building the academy through a non-declinable quest.

If you already have the academy, yes, you are going to use it. That does not equal support. This poll will not give meaningful results unless you are actually willing to ask a question such as: "Would you like to be able to remove your academy from your city" or "Do you think the academy should be removed from the game."

If you ask that question, the analysis of the results are going to change substantially. People who answered yes to all four questions that were asked will still answer yes to wanting to get rid of it.

Deleted User - 106219

Indeed, they should have included a question such as "Should we make it possible to sell the MA?"

Though it will be interesting if it turns out the majority of players who take the survey say that they do not plan to build or use the Academy...

DeletedUser

Also, the only slot where you can state an opinion asks how to improve the academy. Not, "do you have any other feedback on the academy", or giving the option to say you would not build or research it unless you had to and asking if you have any alternative suggestions.

DeletedUser416

I didn't get survey, hmm... But from what you people say it seems that those questions are made to show false results and that devs have no interests to respect players' real feelings about "not-be-able-to-make-a-choice" playstyle they are forcing on us.

DeletedUser3

Hey folks! Thanks for filling in the survey, and for giving your feedback about the questions asked. We are in the process of collecting the Magic Academy feedback given on this forum and summarising this to pass on to the development team. As many of you have said you would like for the Academy to be able to be sold/deleted, this will form part of the feedback from the Elvenar International community.

DeletedUser

Thanks, Amy. We do appreciate it.

We are in the process of collecting the Magic Academy feedback given on this forum and summarising this to pass on to the development team.

I chuckled when I read that; I can't help but imagine you act as a buffer between us and the devs not only to summarize, but to smooth over the harsh, sharp, pointy bits. I am sorry that we can be such verbal barbarians. In a game where people have spent time over many, many months, there is this feeling of investment and we can get a bit irritable about it all. The positive side of this, though, is if people don't want to let it go, they also don't want to let go of the game either.