• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenar: Marathon or a quick death?

Do you think Elvenar will survive in the long run or die quickly?

• Live in the long run

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Die quickly

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

DeletedUser66

Nice of you to dream.

I disbanded my fellowship even if it was in the top 10 since the beginning of the fellowships, cuz this game is dying. Players are stopping to play more and more. I will see if I continue to play as a simple player, but InnoGames has failed with this game, in my humble opinion.

You threw a temper tantrum and disbanded a high level fellowship because of inactivity? lol. Way to go sorting out a problem...

Pity your opinion is so near sighted - you should take a peak at the beta's latest announcement. A massive expansion has been added to the game along with some quest changes and some other titbits which will be very nice to have. Perhaps that will intrigue your interests a little more.

DeletedUser10

What I think is interesting is the poll results in this thread are still split 50/50. This tends to indicate that the game does have a future in spite of needing new content, which as Da Twista pointed out, the first major expansion of game content since fellowships is now on it's way.

DeletedUser406

Nothing like a vote that is if you were to call it a ship, "even keel". So let that ship takes it voyage, and see what happens.

DeletedUser235

You rushed the game with repeatable quests and now are asking this? Your complaints in every thread are getting quite annoying. I don't get it, why you think that the game has to be tailored to your needs.

Tailored to my needs? So far, 50% agree with me that this game it heading into a wall, but in reality it's a lot more than 50%, since most that are quiting the game are doing so without saying a word, since 90% of neighbors are inactive.

On the contrary, I'm hoping Inno wakes up. Many are proposing ideas to make the game more fun, but they don't listen.

You threw a temper tantrum and disbanded a high level fellowship because of inactivity? lol. Way to go sorting out a problem...

Pity your opinion is so near sighted - you should take a peak at the beta's latest announcement. A massive expansion has been added to the game along with some quest changes and some other titbits which will be very nice to have. Perhaps that will intrigue your interests a little more.

Pouhahaha. Da Twista of words at his best. You are a typical passive agressive troll.

I never threw a tantrum, but you want to imagine it, be my guest. Typical troll behavior, to exagerate things.

What does a high level fellowship mean? How does a fellowship level? That does the ranking brings to a fellowship?

All with the same answer: Absolutely nothing.

As for the Dwarves expansion, how much time it will take - for those that finished the tech tree already - to finish the game again? 1 month? 6 weeks max?

Does that suddendly makes the game a marathon like Forge of Empires? Does that fix the weak battle system? Does that fix the weak social system? Will that increase drastrically the activity level?

All with the same answer: Nope.

What I think is interesting is the poll results in this thread are still split 50/50. This tends to indicate that the game does have a future in spite of needing new content, which as Da Twista pointed out, the first major expansion of game content since fellowships is now on it's way.

You think 50% is a good evaluation? Oh well. ;-)

It's a City builder's game. but other than a few things, not much to build compared to other City Builder games, from Inno or others.

I hope they release more things to make it more fun, I hope I'm wrong in my analysis, but I've been gaming online for 28 years now, way before the Internet, I've seen my share of online games in that time.

DeletedUser66

@Recksters You cannot type out a substantive response, so you resort to name calling? I've mentioned this before - if you cannot explain yourself properly, people reading your posts will respond based on assumption. That is not twisting your words, that is assuming the missing story you neglected to mention.

I stand corrected, high ranked fellowship. And there are a lot of benefits to gain being in a high ranked fellowship. Think about it.

But let's take a look at the Dwarven tech expansion. If I'm correct, there are total of 28 new researches which require 1743 Knowledge points.
1KP = 1 hour which totals 73 days (Rounded off) which is approximately 2.5 months. KP can also be gained from taking over provinces but we must also take into consideration that scouting takes a long time at a high level. Taking mine, to gain 8 KP I need to scout for 18 hours and this time also increases with each scout which for simplicity I will round off to 24 hours per scout. Other factors include how much goods and units a player has to take over provinces and also researches in the tech tree needed to upgrade their squad size so they can also fight. So that is an estimated 32 KP that can be gained within a 24 hour period. Total would be 54 days (Rounded off) which is 1.8 months.

So you are close, 6 weeks is a good estimate to work upon. But not everyone has finished the tech tree as it is on 0.24. How many players? 20? 30 maybe?
But there is more information - we already know that the Dwarfs leave the city at the end of their life cycle and the current beta tech tree does not include this part of the story. In fact, looking at the tech tree as it stands now, it stops abruptly and not how other ages have ended which could indicate there are more researches that will be added. These researches could possibly include their departure and whatever they will leave for our city (Mentioned in September's InnoTV episode). What would that be, 2 - 4 weeks more on tech tree upgrades?
I think it's safe to assume that an average player not racing through the game using the repeatable quest system would take up to 3 months to complete the Dwarf era. It was also mentioned Dwarfs would be first which is another indicator that more races would follow. While we have 3 months playing with the Dwarfs, I'm sure InnoGames will be getting the next race ready.

You seem to be very concerned about Forge of Empires, you mention that game an awful amount of times in your posts. Why are you not playing it rather? It's a well established game with tons of content in. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and constant complaining and you prefer the latter. The majority of your posting is outright complaints which brings a lot of unnecessary negativity to the threads you involve yourself in. I've seen a number of posts from other players highlighting this very problem with your posts. I understand you like this game very much and you would like it to succeed - but you do not give any credit nor breathing space. The Dwarf expansion is not yet live on the EN server and already you have complaints about it.

P.S. I'd prefer you don't reply to this post. Getting another reaction out of you would prove my troll-like behavior.

DeletedUser10

Ok everyone, deep breath. I personally don't care what side of this discussion you all are on, but I think it would be a good idea if everyone tones it down some. This is supposed to be a discussion, not a confrontation.

You think 50% is a good evaluation? Oh well. ;-)

For a new game that is still developing, yes I do.
You refer to Forge of Empires, where I am also an Admin. We currently have content being released there that I would estimate 90% of the players currently hate. I would be more than happy for 50% right now. And as much as they all dislike the current changes, the majority of them will still be playing the game and complaining about it in the coming weeks. The same thing happened when GvG was released.
The reality is that some players here will leave as they get impatient for new content, and some will stay to see the new content. We will never make everyone happy, or release content that meets every players expectations. But as long as the game keeps moving forward, and evolving, it is my belief it will survive.
This game only went into beta testing earlier this year, and this server has only been online a few months. There is a long road ahead, and I for one am looking forward to see how the game develops and what it can become.
The glass is either half empty, or half full. Only perception determines the description. Personally, it looks half full to me ;)
Thanks all,
ZD

DeletedUser219

Had to finally vote on this.
I was delighted to find this game. FTP but not necessarily PTW (Pay to Win), because while payment helps you progress, it is not necessary for building a satisfying city. And nobody can come along while you are sleeping and destroy most of what you have worked so hard to build.:mad:
I have played strategy and building games for more than 50 years (only 35 with computers), and have found very few games that could keep me engaged for more than a month or two without getting excessively repetitive. Having reached the fourth level in the tech tree, I can see a couple more months without needing new content, even if I break down and spend a bit of money on the game. And by the time I get to the new content, most of the bugs will have been squished.:D

DeletedUser

1) In the game could be buildings than produce goods or other things to use in the research and is not possible trade it.
2) Different barracks or have more things, to upgrade units or have the same units with hight stats, is necessary things produced in buildings, building produce arrows+1, arrows+2, arrows+3... using planks, this arrows give to the archer more attack, produce sword+3 more attack to axe, produce something with elixir(vital elixir, soul of elixir, soul of life) and give more HP to the unit that have this thing. An produce other things using marble produce heavy rocks more attack, silk give more defend from 20% to 50%.
3) other type of help, give you more % to produce goods in the building, produce fast units in the barrack, if we have more type of building like producing arrows, we can give help in this buildings.
4) Research map, one map that is use it to have something that we can use it in the research.
5) guild map.
6) human map and elves map.
I think more things that we can play, this game have the not limit map, do not have other things to do.

DeletedUser

Personally I am enjoying the game, I played Tribal Wars for years, but however good that game is, to some extent, it takes over your life. I love the fact that you can dip in and out of this game. Well done Innogames

DeletedUser406

I too, as Mr Chief, am enjoying the game. I have now created a second city in the beta server, and have noticed that people walk around the streets in this version. This a great addition and makes your city look more "alive". Keep up the great work, and I am looking forward to what comes next.

DeletedUser235

Well, that last update is slowly changing my mind. ;-)