• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenar: Marathon or a quick death?

Do you think Elvenar will survive in the long run or die quickly?

• Live in the long run

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Die quickly

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

DeletedUser235

I'm almost done in the tech tree and will soon waste the 24 knowledge points we get everyday; and lose even more interest to play this game.

Before Fellowships were created, I was losing interest in this game, as it was becoming routine, same thing over and over again. Then end of July, Fellowships came and it made the game fun again; for 2 months?

Now that our fellowship no longer has a goods issue, even fighting is dead as even our less developed members can now solve most encounters without fighting as they are often drowning in goods.

And nothing major added since the Fellowships.

How can InnoGames make so many mistakes when they have so much experience with other games they developed?

So, I ask you, is this game in for the long run or you think it will die a quick death?

DeletedUser

You will not lose the knowledge points... they stack up! So maybe there are other "features" being planned.
The game will probably survive after the rest of us are dead and buried and let's not forget the humongous amounts of money being ploughed into advertising on all relevant media.

DeletedUser235

You will not lose the knowledge points... they stack up! So maybe there are other "features" being planned.
The game will probably survive after the rest of us are dead and buried and let's not forget the humongous amounts of money being ploughed into advertising on all relevant media.

Reaching end of the game means more than losing KPs... Means having nothing to do in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Depends on your state of mind... try playing more games to keep you occupied.
OR remodel the house, remake the garden, do some charity work etc etc :D

DeletedUser306

Recks et al make valid points, however how are Innogames going to prolong this world as those in the Top10 are nearing the end of expansion and tree? Will we see an expanded tree, perhaps more expansion grids made available in our existing village, there's certainly scope to expand at home. Perhaps the ability to own another villa, but who wants to repeat everything all over again?

Innogames will struggle to find any of us to start in the next world, unless something viable, interesting and non-predicatble makes this world lose its' top players before the world expires!

It will be interesting to see Amy's response to our concerns as the world under its present limitations draws to a close.

DeletedUser66

I cannot be the only one watching InnoGames TV episodes.

According to September's episode, we will see the introduction of the first guest race while further expansions will introduce more guest races in the future. Every future segment of the research menu will send on a different race which means we will have research extensions that will allow players to build new buildings and upgrade existing ones. Also shown in the video, the guest race is built in your own city which runs on its own economy.
There is also a speculation thread on the beta forum indicating we might also get a larger city as some have found glitches in the graphics of the map that possibly indicates there will be more building space available.

Judging by the last stage in the research tree as it is now, a new race extension will take quite some time to get through and thus providing you with some long term gameplay.

It's all in the video, start at 1:02.

DeletedUser235

We don't know what these guest races will add to the gameplay and it's not one more tech tree that will turn this game into a marathon like Forge of Empires.

Even watching Innogames TV can make you realize that when you have a lot of gaming experience.

With the way the last tech tree was developed, it looks like they rushed it, ran out of imagination, adding a bunch of similar techs in it.

First time I see no names for each tech tree in a game. It looks unfinished or not available while available in their other games.

Etc...etc...

So many aspects makes me ponder if this game will become a marathon like their other games, or if it's gonna be shelved quickly.

DeletedUser

Even watching Innogames TV can make you realize that when you have a lot of gaming experience...
Do you get that Da Twista ? o_O
Recksters - there are people here with just as much, if not a great deal more, gaming experience than you seem to believe. If the game has so many imponderables, inconsistencies, lack of imagination in your view, I wonder why you bother with it at all.

DeletedUser235

Recksters - there are people here with just as much, if not a great deal more, gaming experience than you seem to believe. If the game has so many imponderables, inconsistencies, lack of imagination in your view, I wonder why you bother with it at all.

"How can InnoGames make so many mistakes when they have so much experience with other games they developed?"

I thought it was clear.

I expected the game to IMPROVE on Forge of Empires, not start from scratch and reinvent the wheel on every aspects.

DeletedUser66

We don't know what these guest races will add to the gameplay and it's not one more tech tree that will turn this game into a marathon like Forge of Empires.

Even watching Innogames TV can make you realize that when you have a lot of gaming experience.

With the way the last tech tree was developed, it looks like they rushed it, ran out of imagination, adding a bunch of similar techs in it.

First time I see no names for each tech tree in a game. It looks unfinished or not available while available in their other games.

Etc...etc...

So many aspects makes me ponder if this game will become a marathon like their other games, or if it's gonna be shelved quickly.

But this is not FoE. Even though it runs on similar mechanics, it is not the same game and there are a lot of features that have been changed or removed. I don't see a point in having another FoE game, just different name and races - seems a bit redundant and a waste of resources.

I don't quite understand your second sentence. "realize that when you have a lot of gaming experience."? I've been the Community Manager for The West EN for the last 5 years. I was involved with the release of FoE and Grepolis. Do you honestly think FoE looked like it does now way back then when it was released? No. Over time it was developed and in a similar manner this game is being developed now.

InnoGames has never and will never release a game fully packed with features so no further development will be needed. There are reasons why it is done like this - and one of the main reasons is because they prefer to shape their games according to how players want it. Contrary to popular belief, they want to give the players what they want in a game. Although not always possible but you get the gist.

Things don't happen over night, and my preference would be to enjoy playing what I have now rather than worrying about the future updates. Elvenar so far has been a big success, I can certainly see another two/three full years development being done on this game easily before things slow down.

DeletedUser235

upload_2015-9-26_13-11-33.png

Now what?

DeletedUser66

Now you wait patiently for the next update which should be in about 2 weeks going on how often updates are released.

DeletedUser235

Now you wait patiently for the next update which should be in about 2 weeks going on how often updates are released.

Nice of you to dream.

I disbanded my fellowship even if it was in the top 10 since the beginning of the fellowships, cuz this game is dying. Players are stopping to play more and more. I will see if I continue to play as a simple player, but InnoGames has failed with this game, in my humble opinion.

DeletedUser

Overflow.jpg
Regardless of how many KPs you have in your bar,
capturing a Relic will add another Knowledge point.

The message only means that you're
not going to get any more HOURLY KPs

DeletedUser358

I think Recks was talking about the hourlies, not the Relic KPs Katwijk

DeletedUser

We need more than the map to have relics, i think to have fellowship map to reach some 10% more culture, or 10%more coins and supply, 10% less cost in upgrade building, 10% less cost of trade with coins and supply and other things like Research Points(RP), you can have RP with the fellowship map exploring the map and received RP or if you are nor in the fellowship you can change 100KP x 1RP. And other map could be possible with human map and all the humans every some hours all the humans explore, other map is Elves map and do the same, explore the map every the same quantity of hours than humans, the group that explore more, have more % in culture or goods or coins or could be this Research Point that we do not have but is other thing to want and use. Or the map is one and the two group need to reach some sector or area, the group that do it fast, have the sector or area and received something and repeat all the process.
I do not play FoE, there is guild map but is slow playing, the action that i do in foe is defend and attack but is not complex doing this, i stop playing foe.
Here i play elvenar with the no limit map and is more complex to think, this is the action that i play elvenar, if i have not this i do not play elvenar.
I think that we need other type of map and do other things more complex than have goods relics.