• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dormant archmages

Rimella

Adventurer
Hi everyone

I have the following problem: for some reasons I cannot go into our archmage is "dormant". This is really really annoying because
1) I am the working archmage and basically I do most of the work (I have a "deputy" who helps me with the "HR" side of things): keeping the database on relics, visits and scores
2) not everyone applying to the fellowship knows that : so I miss emails sent to the "archmage"
3) I cannot impose "rules" on the fellowship when the archmage doesn't follow them! Some members noticed the bias here, and I think they are right: if you ask your fellows to visit at least once a week, and the archmage hasn't visited anyone for 2 months, it is a "bias"
I have this rule of making sure members have been inactive for 14 consecutive days without informing me before expelling them. In order to encourage the Fellowship to interact, I made this rule 21 days for Ambassadors and 28 days for Mages... I am hoping we can do something about the achmage; I read somewhere that after 31 days the archmage is deleted and the archmageship goes to the longest serving Mage.
Could it be reduced? Like I suggest that after 7 days of consecutive inactivity, a dormant archmage is automatically demoted to a Mage and that the longest serving Mage becomes the then archmage?
Thank you if you can support this post.
Rimella

DeletedUser277

Rimella, I sympathise with your situation, but your Archmage wont be deleted from the game if he has advanced far enough in the tech tree (although by looking at his score, I doubt that) or if has bought some diamonds, which, as he has a 3rd builder seems to be the case. There fore he may not be deleted and will continue to be your AM.

2) not everyone applying to the fellowship knows that : so I miss emails sent to the "archmage"
I see you have asked in your fellowship description to enquire to you, but I suggest you make it clearer by putting in Capitals "DO NOT CONTACT XXX" If people still sent their emails to the AM, believe me, you don't want them in your fellowship!

If your really want to resolve the problem, just tell the fellows that you will create a new fellowship. Once it is set up, all your fellows can leave too and accept your invites to the new fellowship. You wont be able to have the same name, but you could have the same banner. Dont forget to change the current fellowship description to tell people what you are doing.

Good luck :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Hi everyone

Like I suggest that after 7 days of consecutive inactivity, a dormant archmage is automatically demoted to a Mage and that the longest serving Mage becomes the then archmage?
Thank you if you can support this post.
Rimella

Dear Rimella, what about if the Archmage is going on a holiday?

I know from other posts on other forums that you can simply send in a support ticket, if the archmage did indeed became inactive, they will promote you to archmage status manually.
If you are gonna automate this you will se a lot of issues once the archmage comes back after for example a vacation, hospital stay, family issues ect.
For some that status is there pride, and if the new archmage is refuseing to restore him to his former status how do you handle that?

Alternativly You can simply contact your fellow brothers and together disband and start a new guild, leaving the old one as a mere shell of it's former self.

pertm

Seeker
There should be a way to depose an inactive archmage ingame. You might ask support if they can make you archmage that would make it a lot easier.

DeletedUser

As CrazyWizard has said, the 7 day idea is entirely too short. People have to be allowed holidays without losing their status.

I know that on other games, one way that support would be more likely to look favourably on your request, is if you can organise a vote within your membership. With the systems available in this game, probably sending a message to all the fellowship asking for a yes/no "Should our inactive leader x be replaced by z". Then ask support to review the evidence. Remember they'll be able to see exactly how long the leader has been 'inactive' for. This helps cut down on coups while helping fellowships along.

P.S. You may want to chat with support about that before going ahead with it. I am not a representative of Inno or Elvenar.

DeletedUser1316

As several have stated, once sending in a support ticket the moderator can look into the situation and send the ticket to the correct staff member to make the changes - if the Archmage is indeed inactive.

Make sure you stick around for any additional replies after the first - the changing support staff member may have a few questions for you. :)

Rimella

Adventurer
MMh thanks all for your replies.
Basically I will not ask Support, as the reasons I joined the AM's fellowship are linked to RL.
I will not try to change fellowship - I did that once and it really did not work (felt too guilty)
I take onboard what Prendyo said about people who might still write to the AM when I stated I wanted correspondence directly sent to me: people who would not adhere to rules.
Anyway thanks very much everyone but I will stay put: after all, if, as it could happen, I get to press "leave" as opposed to the cross to leave a window....well the AM is always there to let me back in.

DeletedUser

Why not just make a new fellowship? There is little to lose since fellowship scores in elvenar are based purely on the sum of members' scores.

Rimella

Adventurer
Slotharingia: I am thinking about this - I think I might have the support of the 23 other members :)

DeletedUser363

I think that is your only option if your AM is still dormant;)

DeletedUser1345

This same situation happened recently to my former fellowship; our archmage became less active, then fell silent and went missing in action.
( I suspect he was killed on some distant battlefield....probably by orcs, curse them! )
We had already lost 2 of our 3 mages, and with our archmage fallen, I was the only remaining active mage.
We waited several weeks and I did what I could to hold us together - but with no activity from the archmage and members leaving, it was decided that a new fellowship should be formed - which I did.
A fellowship needs an archmage.
We lost some members to other fellowships and we lost some rank, but most of us moved to our new "Alliance."