• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discord?

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
To begin with this was all written at the bottom of my post about the survey, but I thought it should be split up...

On that topic of Discord, which I started to mention on the other thread... I have been giving thought to giving Discord another try. I'm not so keen on my Elvenar analysis being a fast-paced chat room experience. That's my issue. I would prefer to have a cup of tea and a biscuit and take a few minutes to write a message, then read other people's views. I have dipped into the Elvenar Discord thing a few times early on, and it just seemed a bit chaotic. I know some people (@Lelanya) urge people to be open-minded.

My issue is that this forum... I used to say it was stuttering... At this point they have the defibrillator out. There are some great people here, but only a very few. There isn't very much Elvenar discussion left here. I try and think through how that can possibly change, and I can't see that it will unless a large number of people appear and start posting about their game issues and questions, whilst at the same time a smaller group of Elvenar veterans turn up and start posting heavily in order to make the first part worthwhile. I can't see the route in my head that would get us to that place.

So is Discord a place I can go to have some of the in-depth Elvenar discussions that I used to either read, or just be involved in? I don't know. Maybe I need to find out.

SkyRider99

Immortal
That's my issue. I would prefer to have a cup of tea and a biscuit and take a few minutes to write a message, then read other people's views.
That is more my pace also @Pauly7. After 25 years of frenetic emails, SMS, and zoom meetings in RL, I am burned out. I am not looking for a new way to let a bunch of whipper-snappers kick my head in.

Good luck with the Discord excursions. @Lelanya would be a worthy guide. She would be the only reason I would begin to have the merest thought of the prospect crossing my mind.